Author Topic: The Build of Elway 5 no.3  (Read 69736 times)

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: The Build of Elway 5 no.3
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2009, 01:47:12 PM »
Thanks for your kind words.

I believe but have not checked that Antidote came out of the spray booth at 35kgs. There for we are 0.4kg lighter at the same point.

In my veiw that is noise and the comparison is not made as a competitive comparison.

The weight does not include the jib track, pole, progrip, fittings, sock etc. I understand Antidote had 7kgs of correctors.  As Darryl points out we could therefore cope with a 5kg drop in hull weight.  i beleive this debate will require as said before a greater proportion of boats being in this position.

roland_trim

« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2009, 03:56:22 PM »
H & I managed to drop in to Phils over the weekend - she looks fantastic, even better than the photos suggest!

Offline Graham Bridle

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2009, 09:42:59 PM »
blimey Roland, you get about a bit dont you ?

roland_trim

« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2009, 08:59:24 AM »
Yes  a relaxing weekend.

Friday:  Utrecht -  Central London

Saturday: In work for most of day except Central London - Sidcup to replace self tacker on Exultant.

Sunday: In work 8am - 9.45, drive to Bristol to look at house (offer excepted :-) ), 2 hour's break to look at Thornbury with Phil and to drool over his boat. Back top the office till 10pm. 10-1045 repair defective light cluster in church. Sleep

Monday: fly back to Utrecht

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2009, 01:07:39 PM »
Are you including prayer to improve the succes of your car maintenance or repairing a light in a church.

If Roland had his way our House would be called 16 Grimald Place. he can never find it!

it was good to catch up again and show off Thornbury on a windy day.  Couldn't go sailing because the water was 1.5m below the end of the slip way.

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2009, 02:05:24 PM »
If your house was 16 grimald place he could use flu powder , port key, or just apperate. but this is getting silly!

Offline TSC

• Newb
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2009, 12:32:32 PM »
So does that mean we might have another Cherub to come and play at Thornbury next year?

roland_trim

« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2009, 12:42:55 PM »
I think there may be someone searching the site for application forms. Was really taken with Thornbury - it has a similar feel to the club I will probably always refer to as home (Wilsonain...).

Need to speak to Mr. Croote - there are 3 boats in striking distance of Brisol,  so hopefully we will find a good compromise for summer and winter...

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2009, 12:59:09 PM »
SImon,  if you need directions let me know.  If you have sat nav the post code is BS375EU.  Not quite as good as apparating but you will find us.

We have laughed before as a bright pink boat towed by a red polo has driven past our house twice in as many minutes.

Don't use flu powder! It may hurt on entry.  Both chimneys are blocked up!

Boat work has now got foils faired and painted. Supports for the t foil cleats fitted faired in and painted.

Ready for pro grip now.

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2009, 10:58:44 AM »
phil,
where did you get the self-tacker track thats on e-numbers?
john
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail

cherub 2645 - cheese before bedtime

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2009, 12:59:51 PM »
It's the Ronstan I section track.  I got it and the car from Ovingtons.  Cost about £170.  You may be able to find it cheaper somewhere else.  This track is very stiff so can be supported at middle and ends only.  it comes prebent and is overlength for a Cherub.  It is used on the 49er and 800 so RS may have a price for it.  otherwise once you have the item code you may be able to find it cheaper direct from Ronstan.

Offline daryl_wilkinson

• Guru's Guru
    • Clearthinking Creative
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2009, 08:31:01 PM »
phil,
where did you get the self-tacker track thats on e-numbers?
john

I've got a Ronstan track and car you can have for peanuts if you can find someone who will bend it to the shape you want.

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2009, 09:19:34 AM »
Momentus weekend.  recieved sails on friday morning.  Yippee!  they look to good to use though.   

Friday evening marked and cut out material for under cover.
Saturday went to parents for weekend to help Dad celebrate his birthday.  While there we sewed together the Spinnaker/Pole sock and under cover on my Mums sewing machine.

Sunday evening found that undercover was a nice neat fit. 

now hand sewing some webbing on to tie straps to.  This bit will take a while.  Undercover effectively cost us £16 in materials and is waterproof, light and a similar colour to the boat.

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2009, 01:04:21 PM »
Were planning to launch for a first sail on Saturday.

Our friend at BCYC was moving house this weekend so we went to frampton instead.

After rigging up putting the sails on for the first time (they look good) and getting all the controls to the correct length etc.  two things became apparent.  First it was getting dark.  Second the lake was frozen.

So we packed up and went home. With a very minor to do list.

With these now done the boat is finished!

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2009, 01:37:45 PM »