Linked Events

• 2010 Cherub Nationals: August 25, 2010 - August 28, 2010

Author Topic: Nationals dates  (Read 33998 times)

Offline Eggbert

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
Re: Nationals dates
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2010, 09:51:13 PM »
Could you put me down for a camping spot too please
2535  91 rules  "Eggbert the Nasty" for sale
2657  97 rules  "Slippery When Wet"

mugster

« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2010, 10:00:21 AM »
i have a space on the double stacker with suicde Blonde if anyone want me to take a boat up shout

Offline TSC

• Newb
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2010, 09:54:32 PM »
I heard via the Unerman this evening that the Kirks have been involved in a car prang, unfortunately ending up with e-numbers being shunted into the back of the car!!!!!!

I hope Phil and Sarah are both ok, and if the boat can be rescued I guess you'll all chip in to get them back on the water.

Phil & Sarah, I wish you well and hope you can get it all sorted.

Paul

Offline Eggbert

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2010, 06:40:50 PM »
Well i made it home in one piece almost (minor Gantry damage) and a dented pride but after the epic blasting yesterday i'm still smileing if not a little tired but thats what you get from setting off at 3:45! hope everone else makes it back ok and a big hankyou to everyone for a fantastic first nationals experiance.
2535  91 rules  "Eggbert the Nasty" for sale
2657  97 rules  "Slippery When Wet"

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2010, 10:26:36 PM »
We're really glad you enjoyed the experience Egbert. Sarah and I were gratefull for the opportunity to crew for you as it took our minds off talking to various insurance companies and enabled us to take part in the event.

The collision last Sunday showed how strong the boat is. Although several areas of significant damage are visable it must be remembered that a fiesta moving at 20-30 mph takes a bit of stopping. The force that was transmitted in to the car via the boat were obviously olso high. Photos attached.

E-number's sorry tale continues. Team suicide blonde kindly took E-numbers south. On route and after having diverted to see the Falkirk Wheel their trailor was hit and damaged by a car coming the other way.  The van and team were ok as were both E-numbers and Suicide Blonde. Unfortunately the trailer has been damaged and can not be towed. This is due to be relayed south with the boats after the bank holiday.

So we have concluded the E-numbers attracts cars or doesn't like Scotland.

We may have miss-named our boat and are wondering if she should have been called Fatal Attraction!

mugster

« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2010, 12:16:00 AM »
Ok Team Suicide has arrived back on station at last!!!!!

after spending 4hrs wasting time with a drunken idiot who managed to pre empt his arest with the police,

amazing what damage one boat can cause E-Numbers you are Jinxed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as said above van and crew, plus boats all sound and ok trailer needs some work to sort out.

photo's will follow.

Thanks all for your support today ::)

Keep smiling Phil and Sarah :D

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2010, 09:01:43 AM »
Another epic nationals from the Largo Bay team. There must be some really superb pictures out there of Saturday!

Offline Graham Bridle

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2010, 10:08:02 AM »
Sad to hear of more road based issues on the way home, I hope everyone else got home safely, it was an epic journey after such a good week.

I too wondered where we can see the photos that the guy in th rescue boat took, does anyone know ?

On a personal plea, Ediie left his (expensive) longboard in the Crusoe saturtday night, and no sign of it Sunday morning, any kind person know anything of its whereabouts now ?

An excellent nationals, thanks to everyone that made it so. Onwards to number 60.

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2010, 11:30:08 AM »

Offline chrislewns

• Newb
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2010, 05:35:51 PM »
Thanks to all in the class for the efforts that they put in to organise the nationals. We had a great time and enjoyed the racing a great deal. I think LBSC put on a great event. I would like a curry house to be opened before I return to the area again because I missed spicey food but other than that I felt it was a full of friendly locals and good food in the pubs/hotels that were available.

In short great boat, great races and friendly class members. Oh and Graham Bridle is now the president! What more could a class want.

Offline Phil Alderson

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
    • www.largssc.co.uk
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2010, 10:00:13 PM »
A few more picks now on the final day report page, including some that Alasdair Sneddon kindly sent me

Phil
3218 Zero Gravitas
2683 Pocket Rocket For Sale

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2010, 10:24:32 PM »
A visit to Andy P today led to the conclusion that E-numbers will live.  Despite the gashes in the hull close to the main bulkheads the main bulkheads are untouched and sound.  Slight caveate that the mid bulkhead hasn't been seen yet but will be checked when doing the port chine repair.  It does appear that we built a solid boat. Still convinced that she doesn't like Scotland though!

The best part of this is we should have her back sailing earlier than if she was a right off.

Offline chrislewns

• Newb
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2010, 07:11:55 AM »
Thats good news

Offline dave_ching

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2010, 07:54:50 AM »
How cool is that!
E numbers 2 Cars 0
The Andy P Shell combined with Kirk attention to detail is clearly a winning combination.
I thought 4 out of the top 5 boats for Andy was good at this year's Nationals but creating a pheonix is very impressive.
So does that make you the favorites for next year?
I'll ring later

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2010, 08:40:58 AM »
Excellent news guys, you must be really pleased. Can't wait to see you racing her again.