Author Topic: Cherub 2312  (Read 9040 times)

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Cherub 2312
« on: November 09, 2010, 09:45:29 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cherub-Sailing-Dinghy-2312-/170560990992?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sailing_Boats_ET&hash=item27b63a2f10

This boat has recently surfaced on ebay as it is being sold by a sailing club as it has been recovered from the dinghy park. It is almost identical to 2303 (my old boat) and seems to require minimal work to get it back on the water... apart from the fact that it is missing sails and foils.

I have been contacted by a potential buyer and so am trying to track down some bits and pieces to help get them back on the water. Another old boat to come to the nationals next year would be great.

I have offered my spare daggerboard and my spare jib but the stumbling block at the moment as I see it is a mainsail. So if anyone has an old dacron fully battened mainsail in their old boat sail quivers then I would like to assign it a new home! If not then my main sail is in pretty good shape so it could be used as a template to make a new one if someone has the relevant skills to assist?!

I am thinking about making a new rudder for my boat at the sticky weekend so could potentially make a pair if required to sort out that bit of the boat too.