Author Topic: 97 Rules Sails  (Read 10808 times)

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
97 Rules Sails
« on: May 10, 2010, 03:49:26 PM »
I am looking for a suit as part of my teach the girlfriend to sail programme, overall condition is not too important but would be nice if they weren't too appalling. With the majority of boats going 05 now, there must be some older sails kicking about by now?!

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
Re: 97 Rules Sails
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 07:09:33 PM »
cheese has a mainsail that i never use? quite powerfull for a 97 rules main apparently

edit: also a small spinnaker, similar to what roland and hayley jury rigged at the national;s
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail

cherub 2645 - cheese before bedtime

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 09:04:55 AM »
Sounds good John. How much we talking about for the main? I have an old spinnaker from 2643 in my parents loft so can use that for starters.

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 09:41:04 AM »
tim,
how much would you be looking to pay? iv just found an old dacron njib in reasonable condition also, but with no battens. its meant to hank onto a forestay though so not sure if you would be interested in that
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 09:50:21 AM »
Well to be honest, I wasn't really looking to spend more than £100 on bits as it is only a side project as we also have 2303 for training purposes! We have a zip luff on our jib at the moment so that might work.

Don't be offended if you want more than that, I am obviously just not looking to spend much as am also trying to save for a new suit of 05's!

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 03:40:32 PM »
Don't be offended if you want more than that, I am obviously just not looking to spend much as am also trying to save for a new suit of 05's!
im concerned that not selling cheese with the '97 main will take more than 100 pounds off the price, what do you think. Regarding saving, i am also saving! (for a new bike as mine snapped the top-tube)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 04:07:05 PM by john_hamilton »