Author Topic: Good luck and premature congratulations!  (Read 14398 times)

Offline Eggbert

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
Good luck and premature congratulations!
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:41:21 PM »
I would just like to say Good Luck and Congratulations to Phil and Sarah who are getting married on friday!  (Friday weddings rule, I got married on a friday and went to a friday wedding two weeks ago you can't beat them.
2535  91 rules  "Eggbert the Nasty" for sale
2657  97 rules  "Slippery When Wet"

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
Re: Good luck and premature congratulations!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 09:03:59 PM »
i was just about to pm phil something similar, but now its public..... GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS GUYS
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail

cherub 2645 - cheese before bedtime

Offline Banshee Ambulance

• Guru's Assistant
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:25:07 PM »
That is good news. I hope you will still be around the Bristol area after the big day? If building a boat together isnt enough of a happy ever after story I dont know what else would be!  :)

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 08:25:50 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS guys, I hope all goes well on the big day.
Best wishes Si, Kerrie, Sophie and Ben.

Offline ross_burkin

• Guru's Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 10:07:54 AM »
Nutters  ;D
2675 Fuzzy Logic  97/05 rules

Serious plannage in the works...

Offline daryl_wilkinson

• Guru's Guru
    • Clearthinking Creative
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 10:06:09 PM »
21 years after our big day the only advice I can remember anyone giving me was...

...don't grit your teeth in the photos you'll look like a nutter in them when you show them to your son or daughter-in-law 30 years later, and you'll give yourself a headache!

Enjoy it, and best wishes for the day and all the others that come after it.

Sarah Kirk

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 08:48:52 PM »
Hey all, thanks for the congrats! We had a fantastic day the sun shone and everyone enjoyed themselves.  The only hiccup is that we are stuck on our honeymoon in Italy! We had gone to Sorrento in the south.  We got back as far as Milan on Thursday only to be hindered by a volcano exploding in Iceland.  Ironically we went up Versuvius on Monday!! We're now staying at one of the lakes, Maggiore.  But have no boat! Phil can't remember his login which is why I'm now on the forum! Watch out!!

Offline ross_burkin

• Guru's Guru
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 03:01:35 AM »
Hey all, thanks for the congrats! We had a fantastic day the sun shone and everyone enjoyed themselves.  The only hiccup is that we are stuck on our honeymoon in Italy!

Sounds like the worst couple of weeks ever! Almost sounds as bad as hitting a cross bar...
2675 Fuzzy Logic  97/05 rules

Serious plannage in the works...

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 09:20:30 AM »
Kirks now in Paris. They have Ghislain's number and may have made contact. They are booked on ferry tomorrow from La Havre to Portsmouth. Then it is lift from Phils Dad to Heathrow (which will be deserted) to pick up car, then home.

What an adventure!

(9/11 happened when we were on our honeymoon...) 

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 12:48:19 PM »
From Paris the travel home went to plan. glad to be back. Fortunatley my dad picked us up from portsmouth and took us to my car at heathrow. An extra train to London had been put on at 11:30pm but we were stil in the ferry port at 11pm.   
Sarah did not appreciate the night stay in milan central station. We did not really sleep. about 100 people were kipping there. Some had carry mats and sleeping bags. We just tried to sleep of the solid marble floor.  Not comfy.
We met lots of interesting people and everyone was really kind and as helpfull as they could be.  We got a lot of support from parents who were providing information and bookng accomodation for us.

I think we used about 7 different forms of transport excluding the plane. 

Now going to try and get some money out of Alitalia who basically abandoned us in Milan.