Author Topic: Madge Alsop has been stolen  (Read 12148 times)

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Madge Alsop has been stolen
« on: June 15, 2009, 08:44:06 AM »
Dear All,

Madge Alsop, a well loved Bistro, has been stolen from a secure military establishment recently. Paul Smith, the owner, is very sad.

If anyone sees Madge on ebay or elsewhere, please get in touch via this forum. We are trying to get the boat put on stolenboats.org.uk too.

Condolences to Paul.

Will

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: Madge Alsop has been stolen
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 08:54:59 AM »
The boat + two masts + nothing else. Really useless to anyone but a cherubbist really.

Offline Stuberry

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 11:12:25 AM »
This makes me sad  :(

Offline daryl_wilkinson

• Guru's Guru
    • Clearthinking Creative
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 06:00:09 PM »
A nice Y&Y forum member PM'ed me a few suggestions....

Sorry to hear about the boat. I assume you're not service....if you are ignore below, it's suck eggs sort of stuff

Have you tried speaking to the unit admin staff.  They sometimes have a station/base clear up and usually ask people to claim caravans and boats which may have been left on base, but it can be easy to miss these unless you are getting copies of standing orders.

Next speak to the guard force they may hold CCTV of the gates or recall seeing something.  The MOD plod or Service police should be involved as well, you will find they take it alot more seriously than the civillian equivilants in my experience.

Which base was it?

If you need any more advice give me a shout.

Dave_Fudge

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:22:24 PM »
Ready and keen to help in the search for Madge. Just to add to Daryl's bit, RAFSA, Army and Navy Sailing Associations should be able to help look for her, assuming she's been moved to another base.

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 12:53:53 PM »
If it had a bit of asbestos in it the health and safety police would have put a stop to anyone going near the boat and hence it would stay put.

I hope she hasn't gone to far and will turn up.