Author Topic: new to cherubing (is that a word?)  (Read 13029 times)

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
new to cherubing (is that a word?)
« on: March 10, 2009, 08:50:58 PM »
Hi,
i was one of the many people at the dinghy show drooling over the new cherub and talked to Tom on the stand. We talked about the Rutland blast and i should be attending. Are there any tips on what to bring and who to talk to to get a sail:) I am 15 and weigh about 10 3/4 stone. I have saied since i was 2 and have only recently moved into higher performance boats form a vago which i sailed single-handed. So the cherub should knock my socks off lol :P I'm apparently handy on the wire and am willing to try preety much anything. I should be at rutland for sat and sun so see u there! Help would be appreciated:)
John
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail

cherub 2645 - cheese before bedtime

Offline Stuberry

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: new to cherubing (is that a word?)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 09:20:04 PM »
John,

Well done for finding the forum, a great start to Cherubing (who cares if it's a word? I like it!)

Things to bring:

warm sailing kit (warm enough to capsize lots and wait in the water if things go wrong)
a buoyancy aid (safety first)
a trapeze harness (if you don't have one I'm sure you can borrow one)
gloves (some people use "racing cheese-wire" for sheets)
a towel (if you get cold you can warm up in the shower)
sleeping apparatus (i'm not sure what bedding is included with the bunk-house)

When you get to Rutland you'll see lots of Cherubs on the grass in front of the clubhouse where I've arranged for us to rig. If you make yourself known to anyone we'll get you matched to a boat.

If there's anything else I can do to help let me know. If you need to get hold of me, my number os 07751 233 667.

Cheers
Stu

Offline ross_burkin

• Guru's Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 09:30:44 PM »
I remember the story but not the face or the name, sorry! As above + brave pants and pills. A pillow might be a good idea as your going to need something to rest your face on after two days of serious grinning!
2675 Fuzzy Logic  97/05 rules

Serious plannage in the works...

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 10:11:35 AM »
cheers, iv gott a trapeze harness and ill bring all that...all iv now gotta do is arrange transport, iv been speakin to tom so that should be sorted soon as well :)
see you guys there
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail

cherub 2645 - cheese before bedtime