Author Topic: UK 97' Cherub - 2648 - Comfortably Numb  (Read 3475 times)

Offline zimboflyman

• Newb
UK 97' Cherub - 2648 - Comfortably Numb
« on: April 30, 2021, 10:20:47 AM »
‘Comfortably Numb’ (Formerly Mental Oriental) - £900 ovo

I bought her form Tim Noyce a few years ago, but I just have too many boats (what a dilema to have! 8)
Will be sad to see her go as she's a stonking little boat...

original advert from Tim:
Authentic 1997 Rules Cherub built to the Italian Bistro design. This boat is a fast, light and ultimately reliable race winning boat.
Full rebuild and refit completed in 2013 and the boat has been dry stored for much of the time since then with very little use.
lots of photos of the rebuild upon request but it was a very thorough and time-consuming project! Lots of custom machined and 3D printed parts.

The boat is supplied with a full set of 1997 Rules Fyfe Sails. The Jib is a little tired but the mainsail is still pretty good and the kite is ‘used’ but crispy.

The foils consist of a homemade daggerboard and a super light ‘Quicksilver Foils’ standard rudder blade. (I do have a t-foil and twist grip stock that will be included if you feel this way inclined).

The boat has a full set of custom Bearfoot design covers including a grey Weathermax top cover and a yellow ‘semi cocoon’ towing cover.

There is a serviceable but not very pretty road trailer and launching trolley.
The trailer is still road worthy but would need some work

Since I bought her from Tim - I've only used her a few times and eveything has been dry stored.
You can view in SW Wales near Swansea - loads of pics if you're interested

Offline zimboflyman

• Newb
Re: UK 97' Cherub - 2648 - Comfortably Numb
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 10:24:56 AM »
mmm struggling to attach images - drop me a line if you're interested I can send loads of pics
Shane - [email protected]

Offline zimboflyman

• Newb
Re: UK 97' Cherub - 2648 - Comfortably Numb
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 12:43:35 PM »
Now Sold!