Author Topic: Lay day nationals/weymouth  (Read 90 times)

Offline deefender1098

• Alex Harris
  • Member2017
  • Newb
Lay day nationals/weymouth
« on: January 10, 2021, 12:27:57 PM »
It has been pointed out to me that the lay day between nationals and Weymouth would be a good opportunity to get weights/measurements done on the boats in the fleet without messing with a sailing schedule!! Of course this requires the co operation of boats and sailors so I wanted to see who is up for this sort of thing? I guess most of us won't be heading back to work for the one day so let me know what your thoughts are!!!

Offline RobinJones

• Member2017
  • Wanabe Guru
Re: Lay day nationals/weymouth
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 06:19:40 PM »
I think its a great idea. Have a few sails I need to get measured, and would be happy to give a hand with other peoples kit too.

Do you know if WPNSA would make us pay to use the boatpark for the day? I was going to be paying a daysailing fee anyway, so it makes no odds to me.

Offline JP233

• Working Group
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 06:46:51 PM »
Likewise, I should have some goodies to measure, also more than happy to be a pleb on the end of a tape measure.
I will try to bring the class scales too!

Good point Robin, that hadn't even crossed my mind.... but there are a few museums to do as well.....
Thanks
Jamie

Offline Jimmy Rudd

• Administrator
  • Wanabe Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 10:16:52 AM »
Great idea and a perfect chance to get everyones records up to date and fill in any measurement certificates not yet done.
Jimmy
EJ 3206