Author Topic: Strangely Brown  (Read 3389 times)

roland_trim

Strangely Brown
« on: April 14, 2020, 02:53:06 PM »
Dear all,
Having a tidy up of Strangely. Nomal thinks like repairing holes, removing a few years of Thornbury mud/weed, replacing all deck fittings and taking all the paint off. I know I'm going to regret not changing the case at this point, but I'll "wait till it goes" before touching the foils or the CB.

I hope that shortly after confinement is finished here in Monaco to confirm that the warp drive has not been altered by my tinkering (Mid May?). Can the statesmen (or women) around the readership kindly confirm that 1992 is about the right year for this spaceship?

roland_trim

Re: Strangely Brown
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 06:20:09 PM »
Some progress photos

roland_trim

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 06:20:41 PM »
Now fittings

Offline Neil C.

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 12:12:13 AM »
Can the statesmen (or women) around the readership kindly confirm that 1992 is about the right year for this spaceship?

Hi Roland,

Hope life is good with you. All well here.

I can confirm with certainty (I was there) that The Flying Trifle 2652 was launched in 1992 shortly before the Rock SC Nationals.  Ergo, it seems likely that Strangely Brown 2651was launched the same year.

There is a story about the naming of that ship. As I understand it, there had been a few Cherub open meetings on Southampton Water where a lot of sailors had got sick the following day.

The next time round Andy Kinchin (builder of SB), noted that Southampton Water was "Strangely Brown".
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:33:30 AM by Neil C. »