Author Topic: UK Cherub – 2648 - Comfortably Numb  (Read 5905 times)

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
UK Cherub – 2648 - Comfortably Numb
« on: June 08, 2018, 07:38:10 PM »
£1250 ono

‘Comfortably Numb’ (Formerly Mental Oriental)

Proper Authentic 1997 Rules Cherub built to the Italian Bistro design. This boat is a fast, light and ultimately reliable race winning boat.
Full rebuild and refit completed in 2013 and the boat has been dry stored for much of the time since then with very little use (had children and ‘spare time’ has drastically reduced!). I can supply lots of photos of the rebuild upon request but it was a very thorough and time-consuming project! Lots of custom machined and 3D printed parts.

The boat is supplied with a full set of 1997 Rules Fyfe Sails. The Jib is a little tired but the mainsail is still pretty good and the kite is ‘used’ but crispy.

The foils consist of a homemade daggerboard and a super light ‘Quicksilver Foils’ standard rudder blade. (I do have a t-foil and twist grip stock that will be included if you feel this way inclined).

The boat has a full set of custom Bearfoot design covers including a grey Weathermax top cover and a yellow ‘semi cocoon’ towing cover.

There is a serviceable but not very pretty road trailer and launching trolley with a proper custom cradle. It’s done loads of miles for me and works fine.

Photos are from the 2013 nationals and also from the 2017 nationals for reference.

Video here: https://youtu.be/OSDXs85PzGY

Located in Widley, Hampshire.

Any questions, please ask. Read less

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: UK Cherub – 2648 - Comfortably Numb
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 11:14:25 AM »
Some photographs, as promised as they didn't carry through from my original advert.

Price is negotiable, so if you are in any way interested, please get in touch.

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 11:16:06 AM »
and some more...

Offline OliverG

• Committee
  • Newb
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 11:26:38 AM »
Hi Tim, I'd like to buy your boat. I'll send you a message from your Facebook advert regarding the details.
Nautilus Pompilius 2680