Author Topic: Slipway Problems  (Read 3245 times)

Offline AmusingOutrigger

• Former_Member
  • Newb
    • Carwyn Owen Website
Slipway Problems
« on: May 17, 2017, 10:07:11 PM »
So got out sailing had a great evening (finished the race), when returning to the slip I caught the tip of the bow on it and broke it off leaving a hole / open foam. What is the best way to repair this? I am not sure how to best restore the structure of the point? It is sort of an inch by an inch section missing, can get photos on Saturday if people want to see.
Major Tom -  2661

Offline kerrgreg

• Apprentice Guru
Re: Slipway Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 03:51:56 PM »
Pictures would be helpful.

Not sure what work Eva had done but the 97 bistro's were short on the current rules due to some change of measurement rules over the years. As such it might be superficial rather than structural. 
Thanks
Greg

Madge 2646

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 02:38:24 PM »
This happened on 2643 at one of my first events back in 2006ish... we just stuck the broken bit back on again. Did you manage to keep the broken bit or did it get lost?

Failing that, you could just stick a piece of foam into position and then sand it back to shape. Then laminate over the top.

Plan C is just ductape over the hole and carry on sailing...

Offline AmusingOutrigger

• Former_Member
  • Newb
    • Carwyn Owen Website
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 07:21:23 PM »
Hi, I have unfortunately I lost the bit on the front. I just epoxy puttied a new tip on to get me sailing again, as the duct tape wasn't working for more than an evening.
Will do a proper repair at the end of the season when the boat is home.
Thanks Carwyn
Major Tom -  2661