Author Topic: For Sale - Cherub 2350 'Peanuts'  (Read 3563 times)

Offline Chas

• Probationary
For Sale - Cherub 2350 'Peanuts'
« on: October 19, 2015, 08:49:50 PM »
A Forman 4D(Mod) this was, according to Cherub class history, the top UK boat in the mid 1970s. At the first Cherub Worlds in the UK in 1974 Tony and Jill Hows sailed her to 5th as the highest placed UK boat. I found her in Ayrshire and bought her to sail with my daughter discovering soon after that she had history. In the event we didn't sail her very much although I did a bit of restoration, stripping back and re-taping some seams with epoxy. Her last outing was to the Cherub Nationals at Largo Bay quite a few years ago and she has been stored in my garage ever since. Although she is a lovely little boat I have to face the fact that with advancing years and other sailing commitments I am unlikely to sail her again and must reluctantly part with her. Her hull is sound only needing new daggerboard slot rubbers. I obtained nearly new sails from Johnny Fartpants and these are still excellent. There are also some old sails of dubious value. I had a good new boom-up cover made. Alloy mast painted white and alloy boom. Two spinnaker poles. Running rigging in the mast could do with replacement but the rigging is ok. There is a sturdy if agricultural trailer and a launching trolley so she is ready to tow away. I think she deserves better than to end up as a knockabout dinghy and I would prefer to see her go to someone who will look after her and perhaps take her on to the classic dinghy scene - we are too far away for that here in Scotland.  I think £450 is fair for this much kit.   Photos on www.clydesailing.co.uk/cherub.html   

Offline Graham Bridle

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: For Sale - Cherub 2350 'Peanuts'
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 06:50:02 AM »
This is an interesting ad. Better class historians than me will know about this boat which may well be close to as iconic as Flat Stanley. I am also not sure how many Foreman 4's exist - they were prolific in the 70's but mostly homebuilt and I have not seen one in years.

The condition from the photos looks very good, and at the price I worry this boat will end up at the back of some boat park with no cover on, and in about 2 seasons it will be all but gone.

I presided over the 60th celebrations in 2013, had we known about it I am sure this boat would have been there - maybe we should be talking about ways to keep it preserved for the 70th and 80th celebrations for sailors to come ?

Offline Graham Bridle

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: For Sale - Cherub 2350 'Peanuts'
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 06:55:26 PM »
Chas, is Peanuts still for sale ?