Author Topic: 2350 Peanuts for sale  (Read 4295 times)

Offline Chas

• Probationary
2350 Peanuts for sale
« on: September 08, 2014, 12:05:42 PM »
Peanuts, 2350 is believed to be a Forman 4D.  It was the top UK Cherub around 1974-76 and was the only UK Cherub to place in the top 10 at the Cherub Worlds in the UK at  which time the championships were dominated by the Australian and NZ boats. It's high placing was attributed to the skill of its crew, Tony and Jill Hows.
Eventually Peanuts found itself on the Clyde where it was raced a bit then garage stored.  I acquired it in early 2000s and did some restoration with the intention of sailing it with my daughter.  We did not use it much and its last outing was to the Nationals at Largo Bay in 2006.  Since then it has been sitting unused in my garage and it looks unlikely that I will ever sail her again, having other sailing interests.  She is in sound condition and is more or less ready to sail however the seals around the daggerboard box need attention. The mast has been stored in the garden and needs a good clean up and probably replacement of the running rigging - yes this is an old Cherub with halyards.  The original sails are pretty shot but I acquired a set of very good sails from a similar design era Cherub (Johnny Fartpants I think) complete with a crisp symmetric spinnaker.  She has metal spars - including a clunky Proctor boom and plenty of Harken blocks.  She has a new (2004) top cover, a tubular steel launching trolley and a roadworthy trailer constructed largely of scaffolding poles. 
This is an opportunity to acquire a genuine piece of Cherub history -  a real survivor and not a wreck which would be great for vintage dinghy racing.  She is located near Paisley, west of Glasgow and will be a regretful sale.         Phone or tx XX07840XX456337YY Open to sensible offers

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: 2350 Peanuts for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 10:22:00 PM »
I used to own 2345 which was a Forman VI (I think)

An asymmetric version of that boat ie 2350 would be great fun. Sadly not in the market myself.
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'

Offline Phil Alderson

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
    • www.largssc.co.uk
Re: 2350 Peanuts for sale
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 01:56:09 PM »
Some photos of Peanuts from 2006 are on the boat page http://uk-cherub.org/doku.php/boats/2350

3218 Zero Gravitas
2683 Pocket Rocket For Sale