Author Topic: Shiny Beast  (Read 5324 times)

Offline JP233

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
Shiny Beast
« on: September 07, 2014, 10:15:06 PM »
So, after about 2 years of tip toeing my way around the class, I made the plunge. Some of you might have seen I took a shine to shiny at the nationals.

My crew of choice this time is young Miss Riley (seen swimming round cherubs at Weston)

Last week Mr Trim delivered the boat, we rigged up did a few laps of Draycote getting used to the beast, then she bit.

For onlookers it would have shown that Abi's sports hero changed from the Ian Percy to Tom Daley in an instant.
She flew gracefully thought the air then fell like a sack of spud on to the jib track, jib end and jib.

After retrieving my crew from the water I realise the jib car had fallen off the track, thus, my balls had dropped (in to the lake) Sail over.

This week after some slight modding we ventured out again in light winds, halfway round the lake my trap line disconnected from the mast with a big splash as a Pearson entered the water and the painful noise only skiff sailors know, that of snapping carbon, was heard underwater.
A quick bodge job and a bite to eat we set sail again in light winds, at times we were the only boat moving which was encouraging until you look at the speed puck to see a reading of 1.5 knots.

Onwards and upwards, a few thing still to change, then its crew work that will hold us back.
Time to crash out Higher and Faster again!
Thanks
Jamie

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: Shiny Beast
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 11:13:54 PM »
Nice one Jamie  8)
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 04:17:41 PM »
Welcome to the class..... again

Offline dave_ching

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 07:42:46 AM »
I hope you enjoy the most exciting Cherub in the fleet.
Abi, remember she only bites the people she likes, imagine what she does to people she doesn't like.
Travel guide tip. Learn to sail her and then come to Poole or somewhere equally choppy and take the T foil off and in around 12knts go flying (in flight meal not included) I think I have an old blade and stock for just such an occasion.

Offline JP233

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 12:30:58 PM »
A short video of me and abi taiming the beast. (Maybe she was just in a nice mood)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck9maBF2Zho&feature=youtu.be
Thanks
Jamie

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 10:25:10 AM »
Nice vid Jamie!
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'