Author Topic: wanted free or cheap cherub to restore  (Read 4449 times)

Offline chopperado

• Newb
wanted free or cheap cherub to restore
« on: January 13, 2014, 05:09:18 PM »
We are getting on really well with 2445 for my son Elliot so looking for another project boat for me this time anything available. Regards Paul.  Tel 07960 874365

Offline Stuberry

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: wanted free or cheap cherub to restore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 05:21:46 PM »
Have you contacted the guy with Old Peculiar?

Offline chopperado

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 02:42:48 PM »
Still looking

Offline chopperado

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 08:27:49 AM »
Still looking someone must have something tried crazy horse but no reply.   Anything considered.
Ssomething newer than 2445 would be nice as I am already set for crew circuit with it.   But by no means would I not consider restoration of a needy cherub lol

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:38:06 AM »
Chopper, I would suggest perhaps being a little more patient. It has only been 2 days since your original post and a lot of people don't come on the forum EVERY day and so it may take people longer to stumble across your post. Also, the other issue you are up against is that the owners of the older boats are probably not active on the forum and so may never see your post!

Stay positive and something may turn up. There is another thread called 'ebay watch' which people post in if they find a Cherub up on ebay. You may even find your own, as not everyone who owns a knackered old 12 foot boat knows that it is a Cherub.

What is your budget, what sort of boat are you looking for in particular? Keep the faith!  :)

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 08:41:09 AM »
As Stu says, have you tried Rob Brown on 07971 490274. Last we heard, he had Old Peculiar gathering weeds on his drive near Portsmouth.

Offline chopperado

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 08:29:15 PM »
Thanks guys. Havent tried old spec wanted something new I think as we already have 2445 that will be kept original for cvrda circuit.   Last I heard of old pec it needed loads of work that wad not the problem but he wanted more than I thought would make it worth while although that was 2 years ago

Offline chopperado

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 09:09:58 AM »
FYI old pec has gone unfortunately to a non cherub person who lived up the road he said.  However he may want to let it move on again