Author Topic: Wreck n Effect  (Read 4921 times)

Offline flatbackcaper

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
Wreck n Effect
« on: November 14, 2013, 11:50:49 PM »
Wreck n Effect finally made it down to devon in late october. I cn not recommend driving from Sidmouth to Newmarket and back in aday red bull and coffee are wonderfull. She now resides in a friendly vets barn until I can see floor spce in the garage rather than packing boxes. Not to much to do to get out on the water next spring with Lucy who made me agrandad 3 weeks early. Have got it suussed we go sailing granny does beach bits with granddaughter son in law watches cricket . I have joined the association. Boat doing up slightly on hold as done back in trying to clear garage. P.S. Smiley I havent forgotten about cider just tring to find out who delivers.

Offline devon_darling

• Probationary
Re: Wreck n Effect
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 11:38:37 PM »
Wreck n Effect made it out onto the water this saturday!  Admittedly it was more of a drift than a sail, but it was very enjoyable nonethless.  What's not to like about sunshine, sailing and fish & chips afterwards!

For photos/video see link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ucj350yhcqvcgn5/AAACrNXV_EAr1hMiHeLwXDR9a?dl=0

If anyone can tell me how to post photos/video directly into post that would be much appreciated.

Offline flatbackcaper

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 08:44:03 AM »
Lucy thanks for posting pictures things learnt from sail
1 remember to do bungs up
2 sand down xs paint of dagger board
3 get mor rig tentoin
4 finish carbon mast
5 more practice I ache all over

roland_trim

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 09:28:35 AM »
Genuis

Offline Neil C.

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 05:40:17 PM »
Well done, this is brilliant. Great to see another classic boat back on the water.

Offline JimC

• Guru's Assistant
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 08:02:14 PM »
Good to see that one out again. She's an ex Andy Paterson boat, originally names Pxysyszygy. IIRC the bow area is probably cold moulded, not ply sheets. Looks as if she's seen some internal layout changes over the years!

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 09:55:48 PM »
Good to see her sailing, hope to see you at some Cherub meets.

Offline flatbackcaper

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 08:44:34 PM »
This w/e we ventured out again big swell to launch into.  Race started well pointing higher and footing faster than well sailed lasers and scorpians bimdled down reach 2ND winward leg lucy got some trapezeing practice then binned it big time.Lucy's excessive weight 7.5 Stone wringing wet managed to crack dagger board ! ho hum may have been to rigourous with the sander.
Good news made it back shore without more damage unlike some. Negligble water in tanks after immersion doing up bungs and hatches properly does work.
Lessons learnt
1 cherubs great fun even for grandads
2 need more non slip spent to much time falling over crew to helm you fallen over again No did you slip over possibly.
3 more practice
4 Wreck N Effect does a good line in love bites (bruises/heamatomas)
Cheers for now Andy
ps I am sure the aches will get better