Author Topic: Weymouth Regatta - 13th and 14th July 2013 - Travellers Trophy Event  (Read 29178 times)

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
I've entered but need a crew for this one.  I have some ideas but will come back if i need help.

roland_trim

Subtle has also entered=11.
Psychic Simon has a certain ring.

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
No mystical powers I'm afraid, just looked at castle cove website. Lottery numbers anyone?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 02:57:24 PM by simon_jones »

Offline andy_peters

• Class member
  • Guru's Guru
Bed booked - Kingswood Guest House and a couple of rooms still available.  Otherwise South West Lodge is near Kingswood, both of which are about 10-15 mins walk from the club.

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Sorted, at south west lodge thanks for the nudge Andy accomodation seems to be filling fast.

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Just spoken to Paul it seems Marmite is also attending. A nationals warm up !

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
not read the nor but do they run all dinghies from the same start or are they planning 2 courses?

With a large number of different starts we could be waiting ages between races for the next start. 

Offline Clive Everest

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Last year they ran 2 course areas.
There were multiple starts and significant delays between races.
I would be happy to start with the Asymmetric fleet to help speed things up and hope that other small fleets are consolidated as well.
Last time I looked the Asymmetric fleet consisted of 2 RS 800s and 1 AC.
Class Committee

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
I don't care how we start as long as we are not followed in no wind by RS200s...again
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'

Offline andy_peters

• Class member
  • Guru's Guru
Anyone else arriving Friday night?  If so could I suggest we meet for a Thai meal at the Old Castle Hotel which is near the club.   Went there last year and the food is good.

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
We will have to read rule 40 As indictaed in section 6 of the NOR. The table in section 6 could be contradictory as it reffers to another source of information.  I will check Castle Cove's website.

Tow ropes aren't very relevant to cherubs as they tend to fall over but better to try than sit drifting around in Weymouth Bay.  The NOR doesn't state how long a tow rope should be. 1m?, 10m? or 20m?

At the end of the day if a boat is found not to have the correct safety equipment it could be disqualified. 

Offline BenR

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Rule 40 is about buoyancy aids and that applies to all racing.
as for tow ropes, can a main sheet can be used as a tow rope within the rules? not that I'd want to be towed unless absolutely necessary. Given the distances back to the clubs though they might want to tow back more than one boat at a time if the wind dies or there are lots of technical failures so that safety cover can remain adequate.
2688- Atum Bom

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
If the wind dies they may wish to tow us, however and assuming you are making progress in the right direction it may be wise to let them tow someone else in first and come back for you when you may have less of a distance to go.
I would go for the kite sheet personally.

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Affordable accommodation appears to be very difficult to come by so we are camping at East fleet farm.

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Anyone else arriving Friday night?  If so could I suggest we meet for a Thai meal at the Old Castle Hotel which is near the club.   Went there last year and the food is good.

Sounds good Andy PMing you
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'