Author Topic: new to cherubs  (Read 7311 times)

Online deefender1098

• Alex Harris
  • Committee
  • Wanabe Guru
new to cherubs
« on: September 10, 2012, 09:57:43 PM »
hey guys ive just bought a boat with the intention of having a go at a few races but would like to see if i can get up to speed fairly quickly, are there any events scheduled to be held up anywhere near the north of England any time soon???

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: new to cherubs
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:28:12 PM »
Hi,

Which boat? How far north are you?

Cherub events are sparse oop north but a few of us are meeting (weather permitting) at Rutland Water on 22nd Sept. Loco Perro and Sweet Dreamzz will be there and possibly some others. Next big event is Inlands at QMSC (London, I'm afraid) 10/11th Nov.

There might be a Blast at Datchet (London again) in October - watch the forum.
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'

Online deefender1098

• Alex Harris
  • Committee
  • Wanabe Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 11:53:17 PM »
im not far from liverpool so fairly north, just bought suicide blonde, (2644) been toying with doing the inlands at Q.M but not set anything in stone for it yet. ill have to try and get some water time in on it first!!

Offline Graham Bridle

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 08:04:15 AM »
Hi Deefender (not probably your real name ?),

Welcome to the class and congratulations on your purchase.

Nigels (Torchy) options are the furthest north we are planning to go for the rest of this year, recently we've not had so many northern based boats and so enthusiasm for the travel has been waining, however nothing stopping those up there having a gathering, Rutland on the 22nd sounds like a great place for you to meet, be excellent if it happenned.

The inlands is always well turned out, so if you can make the journey it will be worth it as you will get to meet the majority of the fleet, and of course we'll meet you. If you need a floor to sleep on i am sure that can be arranged, just keep this thread ticking over with what you need and people will come to help.

My contact details are on the comittee page, if I or anyone else can help please get in touch, again, welcome !

Graham - El Presidentè

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 12:13:28 PM »
We'll post details of 22nd Sept in the week before. You and the Blonde are very welcome. We'll sail from Whitwell but there won't be racing.

Offline ade white

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Assistant
  • no work team
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 05:19:00 PM »
Hi there. Well done on the Cherub purchase. Yes Torchy and us have penciled in Rutland. BUT we could do Carsington Water instead. That is actually closer for everyone interested, (that I know of who are thinking of meeting and sailing that day on the 22nd Sept).  It is also close for Ben as well.  Daysailing cost is £20 inc car parking. what do you all think. I am easy either way.
'Sponsor' of "DUCKS"

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 06:31:40 PM »
Good call Ade

Online deefender1098

• Alex Harris
  • Committee
  • Wanabe Guru
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 08:21:17 PM »
unfortunately that weekend isnt much good for me, would love to do carsington as itd be good to see how i need to sail the boat differently( im guessing that i wont be doing it right!!) but with plans i aready have could could prove difficult, anyways ill see what i can do if not ill just see you all at queen mary on the 10th..
cheers
Alex

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 04:07:41 PM »
Welcome to the class Alex, congratulations on your purchase of The Blonde. Look forward to meeting you at the Inlands.

Online deefender1098

• Alex Harris
  • Committee
  • Wanabe Guru
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 11:27:54 PM »
hi
we have got the inlands booked free but we are unsure as to booking etc....

managed to figure out how i would able to do carsington on the 22nd as well so if that happened that would be awsome

cheers
Alex

Offline stom

• Former_Member
  • Wanabe Guru
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 08:33:07 PM »
Hi there. Well done on the Cherub purchase. Yes Torchy and us have penciled in Rutland. BUT we could do Carsington Water instead. That is actually closer for everyone interested, (that I know of who are thinking of meeting and sailing that day on the 22nd Sept).  It is also close for Ben as well.  Daysailing cost is £20 inc car parking. what do you all think. I am easy either way.

Any decision on whether its Carsington or Rutland?  If the former we could bring 2654 for her first sail(with her new owners)!  It would be good to get some advice as newbies to the class.

kokopelli

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 09:42:39 PM »
OK, its a plan Carsington. next Saturday. 22nd. It looks like Sweet Dreamzzz, Loco Pero, S Blonde and 2654. Is Eggbert up for it as well. (- Ben, I might have a spare assspinny pole to fit if youre not sorted out from the nats and its still busted.   Anyone else out there for Sat meeting???
Hope to see you all Sat at the watersports bit not the sailing club. BFN Ade.

Online deefender1098

• Alex Harris
  • Committee
  • Wanabe Guru
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 08:13:28 PM »
what time is everyone going to be there tomorrow???

Offline ade white

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Assistant
  • no work team
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 09:11:43 PM »
sweet dreamzzz hopes to be there about 10 ish. sun tan lotion already on. see you all then,  cheers Ade
'Sponsor' of "DUCKS"