Author Topic: Cherub restoration project NewZealand  (Read 4182 times)

marko

Cherub restoration project NewZealand
« on: September 07, 2012, 09:16:05 PM »
Hi from New Zealand, I'm looking for some sails for my cherub # 1996. I realize that the rules have changed the dimensions a little , but will doctor them to suit. I'm altering the boat also by installling a bowspit too. I have a friend in the UK at the moment who could bring them back for me.really. , I'm wanting the sails for authenticity sake, and wanted them to at least come off another churub.
Thanks

Mark.

ps, i put this in the tech talk part of the forum too, by mistake

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: Cherub restoration project NewZealand
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 11:56:46 AM »
Please send a picture!

Can you fill us in about Cherubs in New Zealand too please - we have lost touch.

If you send details of luff length of the main for the mats you've got I guess we may be able to sort something out.

Offline dwlee

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 11:24:06 AM »
Keep an eye out on trademe and give Ken Fyfe (fyfesails.co.nz) a call as he might be able to give you a lead on secondhand sails.

Offline Neil C.

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 12:40:06 PM »
Is there still a Cherub fleet in NZ these days Mark? I met some friendly Kiwis at the Cherub Worlds in the mid-90's (Botany Bay, Sydney), including a great guy that everybody knew as "The Iceman" who seemed to be the leader of the NZ fleet. I got the impression that they were a small but high quality fleet in those days, but haven't heard much about them since then. Hope they haven't completely fallen by the wayside.