Linked Events

• Tartan Trophy: May 03, 2008 - May 04, 2008

Author Topic: Tartan Trophy May 3rd - 4th  (Read 6109 times)

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Tartan Trophy May 3rd - 4th
« on: April 16, 2008, 08:50:02 PM »
Not one of the Cherub specific events but could be some fun for the northern contingent. Expect big wind and waves if the wind blows from the West!

Offline neal_gibson

• Apprentice Guru
  • sending it
    • Storrar Marine
Re: Tartan Trophy May 3rd - 4th
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »
i'll be there fo shizzle
2644 Suicide Blonde

The Northern ONE
Resident Sailmaker

Damage count so far this season
1) RS Feva mast easy
2) Cherub Main Fixed
3) VW BORA Gone forever bugger
4) One cherub boom Debi does ass damage fixed now.

Offline Ben Howett

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 01:11:23 PM »
Helensburgh is about 40mins from my flat in the centre of glasgow so im sure i can provide some (fairly limited) floorspace for anyone making the trip up, as long as i can clear it with my flatmates in advance.

My boat was based at helensburgh untill a week or two ago and I had been planning on doing the event but unfortunately other sailing comitments have meant I havent been down there enough to make this years club membership worth paying and the boat has had to go back down south to live in the garden untill im home in the summer.... So to cut a long story short: Numb wont be able to make it.

Im still quite keen on sailing so if anyone is thinking about making the trip but is short a crew/helm then let me know!

Offline Phil Alderson

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
    • www.largssc.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 04:25:27 PM »
Helensburgh is about 40mins from my flat in the centre of glasgow so im sure i can provide some (fairly limited) floorspace for anyone making the trip up, as long as i can clear it with my flatmates in advance.

My boat was based at helensburgh untill a week or two ago and I had been planning on doing the event but unfortunately other sailing comitments have meant I havent been down there enough to make this years club membership worth paying and the boat has had to go back down south to live in the garden untill im home in the summer.... So to cut a long story short: Numb wont be able to make it.

Im still quite keen on sailing so if anyone is thinking about making the trip but is short a crew/helm then let me know!

The Event is in Prestwick not Helensburgh. Still approx 40-50 minutes from Glasgow but South and West rather than North and West for Helensburgh.

Tartan Trophy Website

3218 Zero Gravitas
2683 Pocket Rocket For Sale

Offline Ben Howett

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 12:19:40 AM »
ach... was I being completely confused or have they changed the location in the last month or two behind my back?

Either way... the offer still stands for those of you thinking about the trip.