Author Topic: Making a start  (Read 15129 times)

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: Making a start
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 09:32:14 AM »
Sorry I dunno - I don't think the fees have gone up since then, but hang on until someone gives you the true news.

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 12:18:29 PM »
Ben,

adult membership is £30. Student membership is £20.

Phil or Carol Alderson will be able to tell you if the Pay Pal account is upto date.  I believe it has been routed to the classes new bank account and that payments are being recieved. Alternatively send a Cheque to Carol. If joining in September onwards it covers you for next year.

PM. Carol for her address.

Once your payment has been recieved you will be able to view the members area of the forum.

Offline Phil Alderson

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
    • www.largssc.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 01:27:16 PM »
Nice :)
How do I go about joining the class association? when I click on the online payment bit it takes me to paying for the 2006-7 season.  Has this been updated somewhere or do I just go with it?

That is strange, when I use the "Buy now" links on the Joining page it takes me to 2010-2011 paypal page.

Where is the link you have been clicking on?

3218 Zero Gravitas
2683 Pocket Rocket For Sale

Offline BenR

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 02:15:09 PM »
Ah I see, I have been going to it through the For Sale pages.
Code: [Select]
http://www.uk-cherub.org/doku.php/join_the_class_associationThe "buy on-line" link here takes you to a 2006-7 page.
sorry I'm a test engineer, it's my job to find out where things are broken :)
2688- Atum Bom

Offline BenR

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 02:17:58 PM »
Payment should have gone through  :)
2688- Atum Bom

Offline Phil Alderson

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
    • www.largssc.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 06:56:15 PM »
Ah I see, I have been going to it through the For Sale pages.
Code: [Select]
http://www.uk-cherub.org/doku.php/join_the_class_associationThe "buy on-line" link here takes you to a 2006-7 page.
sorry I'm a test engineer, it's my job to find out where things are broken :)

Good Spot, I did not know that page existed, it is now gone, and the link updated to point to the correct page.

Phil
3218 Zero Gravitas

Offline dave_ching

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 07:53:33 PM »
Test Engineer + Cherub Class = An overworked test engineer.

Offline BenR

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »
I finally managed to get a couple of pictures of the cracked pipe.
They are attached. Sorry they aren't too clear, I didn't want to peel back the foam grip.
I wrapped up the alu boom piece in parcel tape for time being as for galvanic corrosion you need direct electrical contact.
Good sail today, just myself and Sam. Had a bit of trouble going downwind and getting the spinnaker up was a bit tricky. Done some research and it seems we were doing it a bit wrong. I needed to be pointing further downwind to hoist. Needless to say, we lost count of the amount of times we capsized but on the plus side, upwind sailing is a lot better. Next time I get to sail will be the Inlands so unfortunately no time to do any more practice.
My brand new harness broke on the first outing so more than a little disappointed. Seems as if the cheap plastic that gill make their ladderlocks from is not up to holding my weight. Is being too heavy covered under warranty?
2688- Atum Bom

Offline BenR

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2011, 10:51:43 PM »
and the next one
2688- Atum Bom

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2011, 12:48:40 PM »
If the harness fits you it should be designed to accomodate your weight.  I would send it back and tell the supplier your problem.

Hoisting , you should be able to bear away onto a broad reach for the first 2/3rds of the hoist but need to bear down deeper for the final couple of pulls as the sail will fill. Then head up as the crew sheets the sail in and starts to come out.  This bit needs co-ordinating as well.  Glad you are getting better.

Nick in Bristol

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2011, 09:32:17 AM »
Nice :)
How do I go about joining the class association? when I click on the online payment bit it takes me to paying for the 2006-7 season.  Has this been updated somewhere or do I just go with it?

That is strange, when I use the "Buy now" links on the Joining page it takes me to 2010-2011 paypal page.

Anyone happen to know what happens next after paying using the Buy Now links? Not heard anything since payment was processed.

Offline Phil Alderson

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
    • www.largssc.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2011, 11:26:11 AM »
Sorry not looked at the emails, your profile has been changed now.
3218 Zero Gravitas

Offline JimC

• Guru's Assistant
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2011, 06:31:48 PM »
I wrapped up the alu boom piece in parcel tape for time being as for galvanic corrosion you need direct electrical contact.
I've heard that said before and seen it done before, but the state of the broken spar I looked at suggested that a liberal supply of seawater provides enough conductivity for bad things to happen...