Author Topic: main and jib sheet  (Read 9975 times)

mugster

main and jib sheet
« on: August 18, 2010, 12:47:29 AM »
please can anyone help out with trying to create a new main and linked jib sheet for suicide blone it is currently a tapered sheet, were are willing to learn how, but hav no idea were to start with the splicing and the cord type

thanks in advance :-\

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: main and jib sheet
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 09:07:55 AM »
I have just made one for the Badger using 8mm Marlow Excel Fusion. This has dyneema in the inner, and also in the outer and so is excellent for tapering. It is rather expensive though.

Essentially for tapering you just need a rope which has separate inner and outer. Then, you cut the outer off, and tuck the end back inside the inner so it ends up tapering nicely between the rope diameters.

If you get some rope I don't mind doing it for you up in Scotland at the expense of a beer  ;) I am going to be there from Saturday, so the sooner you can get me the rope the better. Also, if you have the old rope to get the taper in the correct place that makes things easier too.

mugster

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 11:04:38 AM »
thank you for that we will get you the rope, were you based as i may be able to get it to you prior to weekend and a beer definatly will have your name on it cheers for that tim.

thanks
Nick

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 11:16:21 AM »
South Devon... so I doubt you will be passing by. It will only take me an hour to do it so in Scotland will be ok. What day are you planning on arriving?

mugster

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 11:38:15 AM »
were driving up Tuesday afternoon / evening

mugster

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 10:06:03 PM »
i managed to source the above rope today so should be nice and easy thanks again tim for doing this a beer has your name on it cheers nick