Author Topic: Membership Renewals  (Read 18016 times)

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Membership Renewals
« on: May 18, 2010, 12:48:34 PM »
Members have been slow to renew this year.  Since the Start of March when the 2010 fees fell due 10 members have rejoined the class.

Membership is required to take part in cherub class events on the class calender including training, sticky weekends and the nationals.  These events take time and effort for the committee to put together.  Fees are used to promote the class to new members and cover operating costs of the class. paid up members are also able to vote on changes to the rules.

If you have yet to renew the process is:

Send your fees to the Tresurer either by paying online through paypal or posting a cheque.
When you have done this notify me the class secretary by PM giving your address and any other contact details you wish to divulge.

Contact details are required to conduct ballots of members for rule changes.
We have one proposal ready for ballot however this has been held back due to the low number of members or the lack of contact information.

many thnaks or your understanding.

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: Membership Renewals
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 03:16:24 PM »
Hi Phil,

I hope our standing order worked ok?

W

Ratface

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 11:15:20 PM »
I feel that paying for class membership is'nt of benefit to me (havent sailed since 2 weeks after last years nationals!) and also feel that i wont be needing it this year due to my weekends being rather fully booked for other things.

just my 2pence

Offline Eggbert

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 11:27:18 PM »
Will be paying shortly just waiting for the wage check to come in!
2535  91 rules  "Eggbert the Nasty" for sale
2657  97 rules  "Slippery When Wet"

roland_trim

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 02:25:28 PM »
The class subs are the small trickle of funds that pay for the bits that make the class visible and yes membership is optional. Without membership fees there is no dingy show stand, this forum will cease to exist and your boat drops in value as only as a collective does a UK Cherub exist as a class.  The niceties about having control and being able to vote on which way the class moves is also very handy.

Ahh what negativity moriaty. Does this mean the mighty yellow beast is looking for a new home?

Ratface, you could also look at your membership fees as the access to people who happily help you fix your boat, pay rent on workshops/garages to apply those fixes in,  provide their time for free and materials equally for no cost. I think that if you look at those for the last year you’re investment in class fees looks like a bargin?

Offline Neil C.

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 09:43:11 PM »
I finally got round to paying this year's subs tonight. However, when I clicked the PayPal link, I kept getting a "Sorry, an error has occured" message (from paypal, rather than from the Cherub website I think). I reverted to going the snailmail route, but when I printed off the paper form, I noticed it still has Lucy's address as the place to send the dosh. As I think Mr Kemble is now the Treasurer, could a committee member clarify where to post the form and cheque? Cheers.

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 01:21:12 PM »
Send cash to Dan,

PM me with your details, name and postal address.

many thanks Neil!

i will review the form.

Offline daniel_kemble

• Former_Member
  • Wanabe Guru
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 10:43:25 PM »
seems to be problem with paypal. have created new buttons and have sent them to phil add to site

Offline Phil Alderson

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
    • www.largssc.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 12:12:19 PM »
The buttons for paying have been updated on the site.
3218 Zero Gravitas
2683 Pocket Rocket For Sale

Offline Neil C.

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 09:41:47 PM »
Sorry chaps, I still can't get the PayPal link to work. Dan - perhaps you could PM me your postal address and I'll send you a cheque instead.

Offline Eggbert

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 09:45:59 PM »
have finally paid my subs just done it
2535  91 rules  "Eggbert the Nasty" for sale
2657  97 rules  "Slippery When Wet"