Author Topic: 29XX?  (Read 26263 times)

Offline Phil Alderson

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
    • www.largssc.co.uk
Re: 29XX?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 08:57:06 PM »
My feeling with a hull like the Dog is that when you get the trim right it will be quicker with the t-foil but if you are off trim you will be punished more than the post97 hulls with their finer bows.

To see Kevin's article go to the "Setup a T-foil Rudder" article in the tech section and click on the link at the bottom of the page. You have to login to the wiki as an association member for it to work
3218 Zero Gravitas
2683 Pocket Rocket For Sale

Offline paul_croote

• Class member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 12:21:52 AM »
I found that as long as we where twinning there was a big improvement with the T foil. It seems to make it plane high enough to keep the 2nd chine out of the water. If you sail it really flat with your weight as far back as you can and the T foil on enough so the bow is about an 2cm out of the water it is really fast, if it is not in this trim it is much slower. The T foil also helped  maintain speed though the tacks.

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 01:13:09 PM »
we weigh alot less though :(
weve found the same trim works aswell
once we got going we really blew away the 29ers yesterday in draycote!
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail

cherub 2645 - cheese before bedtime

Offline Phil Alderson

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
    • www.largssc.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 10:08:05 PM »
I found that as long as we where twinning there was a big improvement with the T foil. It seems to make it plane high enough to keep the 2nd chine out of the water. If you sail it really flat with your weight as far back as you can and the T foil on enough so the bow is about an 2cm out of the water it is really fast, if it is not in this trim it is much slower. The T foil also helped  maintain speed though the tacks.
It is interesting that you say it helps through the tacks, I always worry that the back will sink more as you have to make a more positive forward movement as you move through the tacks and the speed drops.
3218 Zero Gravitas
2683 Pocket Rocket For Sale

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 10:33:55 PM »
Edit: i had a momentary loss of english grammar! Please continue the discussion...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:10:23 PM by john_hamilton »
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail

cherub 2645 - cheese before bedtime