Linked Events

• Dracote Blast: March 15, 2008 - March 16, 2008

Author Topic: Post Dinghy Show Blast  (Read 23982 times)

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: Post Dinghy Show Blast
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 08:37:29 PM »
Right chaps,

I've got a very nearly official ok for the blast to go ahead at Draycote next weekend, but we can pretty much consider it as a go. So this means blasting at Draycote on March 15th and 16th.

Same setup as was outlined before. Get to Draycote bright and early on Saturday then we can get some sailing in. Newbies looking for a ride try and get there Saturday morning so we can get you out in some boats.

Iain, get the chinese booked! I'll try and get an idea of numbers just so we don't end up taking the pi55 with loads of people! (to those of you worried about the change of cuisine from indian to chinese... truse us on this one. it's ruddy brilliant.)

Kippage can be arranged locally at a number of places. Camping at the club is cheap, sleeping in cars is cheaper but essentially still a rather cold and damp option. Bed and Breakfasts can be found in Dunchurch and Rugby. We're going back to the Holiday Inn Express in Rugby as £25 a head with breakfast included and only a few quid taxi ride from town makes it a very reasonable option.

Sunday can be used for training or some club racing. Bring your bikes incase there is crap wind and we can join in with the Draycote Mud Club.

If I could have a show of hands of people who are coming that would be brilliant. Either on here, by email at [email protected] or by phone on 07828662185.

Offline Stuart Hopson

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 06:15:50 PM »
I'll be there  ;D

Offline ross_burkin

• Guru's Guru
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 10:40:58 PM »
Is anyone from around London going, who is willing to give the crew, the boat and I a lift up there and back? Otherwise I think I might have to give this one a miss.
2675 Fuzzy Logic  97/05 rules

Serious plannage in the works...

Offline ross_burkin

• Guru's Guru
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 08:27:47 PM »
Not going  :(. However, I have a certain 14 sailor who is sailing with me on Sunday so we can get a little bit of practice in for Weston.

Looks like Sunday will be perfect conditions for us Cherub sailors.

Offline smight at bbsc

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 10:20:44 AM »
Is he technically a 14 sailor if he hasn't sailed his 14 yet ?  :P

Ratface

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 12:37:18 PM »
ive sailed the boat... once

iain_christie

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 09:12:59 PM »
Right guys the Chinese is booked for 7.45 on Saturday night in my name.  In the absence of confirmed numbers I've booked it for 10-15 but they want me to confirm on the day, so if you are coming can you please just add a "coming" reply below if possible.

Venue is:

River Avon
2 Henry St
Rugby, CV21 2QA

01788 537888

Look forward to seeing you at Draycote, and again if people can just make sure that they follow the guidelines on parking, paying etc outlined previously that would be great.

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 09:17:27 PM »
I and Alex will most certainly be there.

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 04:23:54 PM »
Not us! Lucy's exams are Monday and Tuesday. I have one on Tuesday, I am on call over the weekend, and have a submission on Tuesday too.

W

iain_christie

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 06:46:29 PM »
Hmmm, the normally windy Draycote did not deliver today so although Rupert and Richard both braved the 10 (ish) knot wind we (me, Tim, Alex) cheated and rigged the 18.

Just enough for some triple wiring uphill and plenty downhill if we stuffed it high.

Good times!

Apparently it will be windy tomorrow so it's Cherubs-a-go-go...whilst i do DIY... :-\

lucy_lee

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 02:56:17 PM »
It's official: a poodle just flew past my window.

How did the brave get on at Draycote, or was it just the foolish?

Offline ross_burkin

• Guru's Guru
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »
We got Stanley on the water but a severely tangled mainsheet meant we had to take the boat off. Cherubs and jetties don’t mix. I want a beach to launch off! If I had been at Draycote I would have gone out as I could have simply walked the boat in the water, jumped in a steamed off in a cloud of spray. I hope that at least one boat braved the conditions and pulled a kite run off. Any luck?

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 06:10:36 PM »
We didn't even bother rigging up today. It was really chuffing windy and after they binned the Cadet training weekend and of the million boats at Draycote only 7 of them felt it was a good idea to club race (3 of those 7 had keels!) we decided that we would quit while we were ahead and go home happy in the knowledge that we hadn't managed to break anything!  I do realise that this action was a bit 'ghey', specially now being an 18 foot skiff veteran, dude, but I'm sure I can handle it!

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 06:56:16 PM »
Iain, I didn't think anyone had a camera out but it seems that someone got this pic of us...  ::)

Offline neal_gibson

• Apprentice Guru
  • sending it
    • Storrar Marine
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 08:11:46 PM »
thats defintely cherub that like F.I.A.T.

Fix It Again Tomorrow

coudlnt have found a better picture
2644 Suicide Blonde

The Northern ONE
Resident Sailmaker

Damage count so far this season
1) RS Feva mast easy
2) Cherub Main Fixed
3) VW BORA Gone forever bugger
4) One cherub boom Debi does ass damage fixed now.