Linked Events

• Dracote Blast: March 15, 2008 - March 16, 2008

Author Topic: Post Dinghy Show Blast  (Read 24442 times)

iain_christie

Re: Post Dinghy Show Blast
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 09:04:21 PM »
Yeah, I'd heard there was a snapper about, must have been checking out our new "F**** Incredible At Tacking" graphics we are running at the moment.

Noycey you and me look good in that picture mate, but tell Alex to get rid of that dodgy Golf visor thing, there's just too much windage mate, no wonder the bow's heading skywards again...

Offline Eggbert

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 09:34:15 PM »
I went down to Draycote on the saturday to catch up with the guys and i must say given the limited wind both cherubs and the eighteen looked awsome. i also have to add that it was my first visit to draycote and i couldn't have been made more welcome by Mr's Cristie Noyce and Taylor and especially the club members in the bar  where we all spent the afternoon watching the rugby and partaking of a quick swally.! A big thankyou must also go to Tom ( I presume Vian) for the lift up to the clubhouse after the derigging of the Eighteen and the rigging of Badger's as it was completly pissing it down at the time.  I look forward to my next visit with anticipation and will hopfully have the boat with me next time (April Training week).
2535  91 rules  "Eggbert the Nasty" for sale
2657  97 rules  "Slippery When Wet"

Offline JimC

• Guru's Assistant
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 02:41:48 PM »
We didn't even bother rigging up today.
I was in the race box at my club on Sunday. Our windex has LEDs for direction at 10 degree intervals. The wind was shifting so far in the gusts that one time I saw both the NE and NW LEDs illuminated. It was also gusting 10 knots to thirty in about three seconds.