Linked Events

• Weston SC Open: May 23, 2009 - May 24, 2009

Author Topic: Weston Open - 23rd - 24 May  (Read 19797 times)

roland_trim

Re: Weston Open - 23rd - 24 May
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 09:47:11 AM »
STICKS - Please bring them as I am desperate to cut the transom   :o 8) ??? ::) :P

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 03:01:37 PM »
Tom we will be bringing new sails for Loco, if measuring is going on that would be great.

mathew_harris

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 03:50:22 PM »
So how did Weston go?  I'm guessing a write up is coming i'm just impatient.

roland_trim

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 11:09:26 PM »
A weekend of close cherub racing, upto 7 boats hitting the first mark all in touching distance. Yes at times there really was very little wind, but some very fun racing. However, the magic of Weston was there and all crews were also rewarded with twinnability and a some good downhill rides as the wind arrived.

Riot van showed that the banshee has some serious speed and picked up the event win. Antidote failed to recover form lack of sleep on day 1 finishing overall in second by cleaning up on Sunday. Shiny was just rapid, it was great to see her back looking in fantastic shape.

Loco, born slippy, suicide, and dangerous beans all joined in the fun.

Race by race comming from another I'm sure.

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »
Shame we couldn't make it.

I completed the yacht race to Eddystone Light house and back . We had light winds on Saturday, very light winds on sunday and a nice 10-18 knots on Monday. Finished late Monday afternoon. 

Highlights: getting the tactics right around start point, and approaching the finish
geting favourable tide back past Portland Bill.
actually going faster than other boats when we took the sails down in the no wind bit.
everyone survived my cooking
Low points:

watching 5 boats romp past at 5 knots, some 800 yards further offshore of us as we drifted in no wind
having to anchor 50 yards of the eddystone when the wind died and we nearly drifted on to it.
several successive headsail changes on Monday as the wind built.

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2009, 10:21:12 AM »
I will have the report uploaded today. Sorry about the delay, been busy at work this week!