Cherub Chat > Tech Chat

A&e v3??

(1/4) > >>

deefender1098:
So something about a rule change requires a saw taking to A&e :(

Progress so far:

Completely strip all fittings

original daggerboard case unblocked & Daggerboard test fit is a success!!

Mast stump/ compression bars removed

Cut a lot of starboard deck off and try not to damage bulkheads in process

Cut less of the port deck off

Remove 2 foiling daggerbaord cases

Laminate carbon where foiling cases used to be, fill with foam and sand fair so the outer hull shape should be pretty, luckily the way the cases were installed leaves this area “sunk” relative to the rest of the hull skin so the outer skin of carbon we apply won’t mess with hull shape!!

Remove carbon tubes running through hull for wand controls

Original mast position unblocked(half done, will finish when we have the new mast stump so we don’t make the hole too big!!)

Stick some carbon foam sandwich in where v2 mast position was and re seal small deck hole

Remove jib track ears

Trim front of wing bars to shape for mast moving backwards

This required kickbars being trimmed off the front, best keep those bits so I don’t have to make more to put on the wheelie bars later? ( are they still called wheelie bars on a solid deck boat?)

Started cutting carbon foam panel to stick on the back for said wheelie bars not yet complete…..

To do…. Finnish and fair the  new edges of the palypen edges….. carbon and vac bag underside of hull shape and glue on panel to back of boat
Use heat gun to remove pro grip from deck
Start planning where I want fittings to go….
Start planning twist grip t foil adjustment
Lots more that I will worry about when we get closer to them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deefender1098:
photos wern't attaching nicely on my phone doh!!

deefender1098:
Panels added at rear added, one side rolled perfectly, one cracked and needed faring and carbon adding on top… more carbon to be added to reinforce hopefully pro grip will hide many sins!! Rear kickbars mocked up but yet to be installed they were a touch small but will easily be able to add extra material to bring them up to height with the foreward sections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deefender1098:
kickbars added onto wheelie bars and carbon added, now that they're strong just a few bits of finnishing to do on them before they can be left until it comes to fairing/painting the whole boat!!

gav_sims:

--- Quote from: deefender1098 on October 15, 2023, 09:29:08 PM ---So something about a rule change requires a saw taking to A&e :(

--- End quote ---

What is the rule change?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version