Author Topic: Maslow CNC  (Read 3236 times)

roland_trim

Maslow CNC
« on: July 19, 2020, 09:15:22 PM »
When I built Poppy, there were about 5 attempts to make the curvy bits on the front wings look cool. The solution was Paul Croote kindly popping in for a cup of tea and kindly shaping a block of foam. Sadly, there is now more than 1000 mile drive between our workshops today.

So I bought a CNC machine.
This one is intended to cuy 8'x4' sheets of ply wood. However, as you build all the bits yourself and the software driving it is written "open source" by a group of cool dudes. So I've flexed their design a bit and this weekend put together my rig. The bed size is 3000x600, I've cut down 200mm this weekend, but the limit could be more if needed. after a serious bashing of my ear drums we have the rough shapes for the new lady humps almost ready to make Carbon bits from tomorrow

roland_trim

Re: Maslow CNC
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 12:37:50 PM »
First molds. Rough as you like. With a bit of sanding and some local errors (numerical) to fix these will be grand

Good thing the shed is well sound insulated and there are no nearby neighbours (except a construction site, that gets the blame for all my noise). I can follow Radio4 news playing form my laptop with the CNC running, except when its cutting more than 60mm of foam in one pass...