Author Topic: Nationals 2019  (Read 6343 times)

Offline Jimmy Rudd

• Class member
  • Apprentice Guru
Nationals 2019
« on: March 11, 2019, 07:23:53 PM »
Hi All,

I can announce our 2019 Nationals will be held in Plymouth 13th - 16th June.  The entry fee will be £95 which includes food on the Friday and Saturday nights at the Sailing Centre.
Can I urge you all to book the dates off work and make this a great event.

We will be sharing with the International Canoes who like us, like all things carbon, development, and a good long beat!

I have asked our members in Plymouth to speak to the Uni about using Student Halls as accommodation, I will keep you all informed.  There are rooms on site but availability is limited so get in now - especially as Andy and Jill have already booked!!

Please see 3rd post below for a welcome letter from the commodore of the sailing club which outlines the accommodation available

« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 03:04:19 PM by andy_peters »
Jimmy
EJ 3206

Offline JP233

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
Re: Nationals 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 02:58:00 PM »
Provisionally booked off.
The excitement is building now!  ;D
Thanks
Jamie

Offline andy_peters

• Class member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 02:59:02 PM »
International Canoe and Cherub Class Association National Championships 2019

Hosted by PLYMOUTH YOUTH SAILING CLUB

At the Mount batten Centre

INFORMATION FOR COMPETITORS

Plymouth Youth Sailing Club and the Mount Batten Centre look forward to hosting the International Canoe and Cherub class National Championships between the 13th& 16th June 2019. Our previous experience of hosting Supernova, Topper, Laser and RS events in the recent past, plus a history of hosting a number of National Youth regattas, has given us a broad level of expertise in event management. We hope that your 2019 National Championships will be a great success on the waters of Plymouth Sound.

On arrival in Plymouth from the A38, please follow the Brown signs to Mount Batten. At the main site entrance, volunteers will inform you where you need to park your boat/trailer.

After unloading your boat, please park your car in the car park on the south side of the road, (this is a free council car park). We are using the Mount batten car parks for boat storage. Please do not go straight to a slipway to unload.

Please register as soon as possible in the Race Office (opening times 18.00 to 21.00 Wednesday evening and 09.00 to 10.30 Thursday ). This will be in the classroom in the main boat park. If you arrive before the Race Office is open, please go to MBC Reception, at the front of the building, where they will help you.

Please note that the Mount Batten car park areas are managed by an automated system. If you drive into their car parks you have a limited parking time (40mins) to unload your boat and drive out before a fine is issued. This is out of our control and is automatic.

Your entry fee includes use of the changing and shower facilities and boat parking for the event from Wednesday evening until after racing on Sunday afternoon. If you intend arriving before that time or stay later, you will need to make your own arrangements with the Mount Batten Centre.

Details of racing will be contained in the Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions

The Mount Batten Centre has a selection of standard and ensuite rooms, including family rooms, prices start from £44 per night including breakfast for 2 people, book early to avoid disappointment.

The Centre also has space for 15 campervans, all with access to electricity, which must be booked in advance. Tents are not allowed on site, however the nearest campsite is only a short drive away. Please contact the centre on 01752 404567 or [email protected] to check availability and book a room. The Centre also offers a range of other outdoor activities for non sailing members of the family.

Hotel accommodation is available at The Mount Batten Hotel, 2 minutes walk from the centre. Contact them directly on 01752 484660 or www.hotelmountbatten.co.uk

And there are a number of B&Bs available in Turnchapple, 5 minutes walk from the centre.  Details of other accommodation and local attractions can be found via the Plymouth Tourist Information Centre or the Visit Plymouth web sites.

The Mount Batten Centre's Lookout bar and cafe will be open every day from early serving breakfasts, Lunches, bacon rolls and hot drinks to eat in or take away. At the end of the days sailing there will be a pop up cafe serving pasta pots, baguettes, hot and cold drinks and snacks.

A water Taxi service runs from the Mount Batten peninsular to Plymouth Barbican between the hours of 07.30 and 22.30 during the summer. The Barbican has many restaurants and pubs for a lively night out. The historic Barbican area also has a number of other tourist attractions including the National Marine Aquarium, View Cinema, Lido and Plymouth Hoe, all within a short walking distance of the ferry. The city shopping centre, is a 10 minute walk from the ferry or circular bus route.

We look forward to hosting your National Championship.

Adrian Kemp

Commodore

Plymouth Youth Sailing Club

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 12:45:01 PM »
Booked time off for this one also, can’t flipping wait.

Offline JP233

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 05:27:56 PM »
Booked time off for this one also, can’t flipping wait.

This news makes me extremely happy!
Thanks
Jamie

Offline Jimmy Rudd

• Class member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 08:24:25 PM »
Photos will soon be available, can you tell me if you would like a memory stick with all photos? I will give a price as soon as I know interest.
Sophie our lovely photographer is happy to make sticks up and post them out, just need a show of hands.
Cheers
Jimmy
EJ 3206

Offline scorpion_1925

• Committee
  • Guru's Assistant
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 12:37:15 PM »
would love a set of photos please
If in doubt flat out

Offline Andrew Whapshott

• Class member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 06:42:39 AM »
Yes please on the photos  :)

Offline paul_croote

• Class member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 05:29:40 PM »
And me

Offline deefender1098

• Alex Harris
  • Committee
  • Wanabe Guru
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 04:37:37 PM »
and me!

Offline Jimmy Rudd

• Class member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 08:34:39 PM »
Evening All,

to make things easier for all concerned it has been decided to pay for 1 memory stick at £70 and then share the photos across fb, use them in PR and send all out to people who want them, rather than Sophie trying to get hold of a number of memory sticks and post them out to all those who want them.
Can I ask all those who have shown interest in photos to pay £5 to the class account and we will pay Sophie for the excellent photos.
Please do pay this little extra charge, I promise the photos are worth waiting for, I can then arrange a dropbox or similar for all photos to be shared between us and use them in our social media etc.

Many thanks

Jimmy
EJ 3206

Offline paul_croote

• Class member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 11:42:22 PM »
Yes please, £5 paid to class.

Offline Andrew Whapshott

• Class member
  • Apprentice Guru