Author Topic: Blast at Weston/Netley Please  (Read 16589 times)

Offline Banshee Ambulance

• Guru's Assistant
Blast at Weston/Netley Please
« on: July 10, 2008, 05:45:02 PM »
I'm toying with the idea of bying/building one of these death boats and wonderred if anyone could take me for a spin sometime just to see if its the right boat for me? I am a competent crew but not so hot on the helm but if there is anyone who can help, please get in touch.

roland_trim

Re: Blast at Weston/Netley Please
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 06:56:45 PM »
Death boats? Only if you intend to die from extreme grinning.

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 07:04:17 PM »
Hi rs405,

Thanks for getting in touch. There's a Cherub based at Netley. Do you know Ashlea Davis and Ashely Davison? They are sorting their one in time for the nationals.

What do you sail atm?

• Guru's Assistant
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 07:13:33 PM »
I sail a bit of everything at the moment. Just sold my 405 - I was too heavy for it and it was boring. I crew a 4000 from Weston but mainly 420s. Would really love to get out in a Cherub though, I like the idea of the building/modding aspect to the sailing.

Offline ross_burkin

• Guru's Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 02:08:15 AM »
I might need a crew for some events.

You've missed 3 events at Weston when Cherubs have been down there! However, seeing as it's a decent place to sail and only cost a FIVER to day sail, maybe it's worth us orginising some pre nationals blasting? Get some boat tuning done, share soem hints and tips for the nations etc.

A good Idea of what a Cherub is like (if the 405 is anything like the laser 3000, they look similar) is that a Cherub will perform like a 405 in 30 knots of breeze, in about 13 knots of breeze!
2675 Fuzzy Logic  97/05 rules

Serious plannage in the works...

• Guru's Assistant
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 04:24:43 PM »
If you could take me out for a blast I would be very grateful. When are you thinking?

• Guru's Assistant
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »
Tom took me out in Beans at Stokes today. I am now officially hooked on this Cherub thing. Tom was fantastic and very patient which was handy given my limited experience. Roll on Stanley's launch date!