Author Topic: The Importance of a class being friendly  (Read 4147 times)

Offline HighwaytoHelm

• Former_Member
  • Wanabe Guru
The Importance of a class being friendly
« on: May 26, 2015, 09:51:00 AM »
Unfortunately this weekend I had an incredibly off putting sailing experience. A few months ago we saw an open invitation to the GB sailing under 21 420 team racing trials. As team racing is the main focus of the uni club we decided to send a team. What we experienced was unbelievable. We were made to feel unwelcome by absolutely everyone apart from the other sailors. It seems that because we were a team racing squad rather than 420 sailors they felt we had no right to be there. Never have I seen such a blatantly biased jury and race committee. With umpires who ignored our flags but were borderline abusive when making calls, I don't care who you think you are but there is never a reason to reduce a competitor to tears. A race committee that started a race while we were changing over but would wait 5 minutes for any other team. Turns out it was ran by the parents of the other competitors.

I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone in the class for being so welcoming. I'm a total convert to cherubs and can't see myself buying another boat for a long time.