Author Topic: So many yet so Few  (Read 4514 times)

Offline Team Slatter

• Former_Member
  • Wanabe Guru
So many yet so Few
« on: April 13, 2014, 03:47:52 PM »
In a break from my revision and chatting to Eddie about Cherubs I counted that there were about 80ish cherubs however only about 20 of them race regularly and I am a culprit of it. There is a fleet out there whats stopping them from coming to events?
Alex Slatter

2664 Spanish

Offline Andrew Whapshott

• Class member
  • Apprentice Guru
Re: So many yet so Few
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 06:22:48 PM »
The usual with every fleet I imagine;   Lack of cash/trailer/towbar/confidence/crew/time.        ..Or the boat is being pimped (guilty here)

Cherubs are wicked fun to sail and I can understand people who just want to go for a blast.  But if you are reading this and thinking your not good enough to race, just turn up, you might surprise yourself.  If not there are enough people around to help you up...

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 07:45:32 PM »
The above is true for many of us, however I second what Andrew says, this weekend at Sheppey saw two new teams, both of them learnt loads and at times were pushing boats with more experience.
If you're unsure or don't have a crew make contact via the website, come and join in you will enjoy it.

Offline Team Slatter

• Former_Member
  • Wanabe Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 10:31:07 AM »
We need to get the French Guys over for the nationals it would be interesting to see how GB boats compare.
Alex Slatter

2664 Spanish