Author Topic: Last cherub worlds.  (Read 11025 times)

Offline Neil C.

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: Last cherub worlds.
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 01:26:15 PM »
Neil - how about a consortium to get the Trifle back where she belongs?

PS for clarity that is at 20+ knots with a crew and helm wondering how far from the boat they will be when they surface after she ejects them.

I was in contact with Ton Sondag about 3 years ago (I'm sure I still have his contact details somewhere), and at that time he said he was willing to sell, because the boat wasn't really getting used. Trouble was, a car plus trailer on the overnight Hull-Rotterdam ferry was close to £400 which didn't really make sense. Right now I'm not in a position to go off on a 2-3 day delivery trip either. But I would genuinely be interested in getting her back if you have some cunning plan.....  Are you still doing work in the Netherlands these days?

Offline flatbackcaper

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 08:46:14 PM »
My sister lives in Holland and is married to a cloggy hope to visit in not to distant future where in netherlands is boat ? storage then pick up.
Cheers Andy

Offline JP233

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 09:22:19 PM »
Well, good to see that's sorted then......
Thanks
Jamie

Offline HighwaytoHelm

• Former_Member
  • Wanabe Guru
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 12:48:24 AM »
I had a quick gander on p&o earlier and a return crossing for two with a trailer was £258 excluding meals

Offline Neil C.

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 01:21:33 AM »
I had a quick gander on p&o earlier and a return crossing for two with a trailer was £258 excluding meals

I had a look at P&O again this afternoon and for one person with car and trailer, travelling midweek it was £320 plus meals and petrol, so not far shy of £400. This was for Hull-Rotterdam. Dover-Calais is cheaper, but by the time you add in the extra fuel mileage running up and down England, France and Holland it worked out much the same. What route were you looking at HtoH? Will gladly be corrected if I'm missing a better deal.

Andy, that is useful to know. There are a couple of issues to sort out though. 1. A deal would need to be struck with the current owner (he is about 10 miles from Rotterdam). 2. I am seriously short of garage space at the moment. (See below). Nevertheless, it would be great to have the Trifle back in the UK, either under my ownership or somebody elses. If anyone fancies a little project, this would potentially be a great bargain entry into the class. IIRC I had got him down to 750 Euro last time I spoke to him, but 3 years on I reckon he might well settle for a lot less.

Been doing some late night glueing and sticking on 2631 tonight. The main bulkhead and transverse strut are back in one piece again, still need a bit of tidying up. Photo taken about 20 mins ago.

Offline HighwaytoHelm

• Former_Member
  • Wanabe Guru
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 08:20:03 AM »
When I looked I selected Hull to zebrugge, my thinking being that they are only about 110 miles apart, which if my maths holds is about £25 in fuel. However that doesn't include toll costs,  and was traveling at the weekend.

Offline Neil C.

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 09:46:05 AM »
Thanks HtoH.  I had another look at P&O this morning. A car with roof rack, one person travelling midweek in December is only £97.50!

My heart says I'd like my old boat back. But my head says, you already have a 12 Foot Skiff, 2 Cherubs and a Mirror. What do you want another boat for!!!!! 

If anyone else is interested I'll happily pass on the owner's contact details if you PM me. I believe the hull is in reasonable shape, tatty launching trolley, alright jib and spinnaker, mainsail serviceable, not sure about a cover. Used to have nice Bloodaxe foils, carbon mast, boom and bowsprit. Born Slippy has seen the boat more recently than me and may be able to give further details.

Offline JP233

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 07:53:22 PM »
Mike (htoh) this has your name all over it.
Thanks
Jamie

Offline HighwaytoHelm

• Former_Member
  • Wanabe Guru
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 08:13:59 PM »
If I had a car, wasn't a student I would be all over it like a tramp on chips, Unfortunately I have no car and virtually no money.