Author Topic: Isle of Sheppey Sailing Club, 12th and 13th April 2014 - Travellers Trophy Event  (Read 21803 times)

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Steve have PM'd you my phone number to contact me when arriving.

Thomas Baker

My crew can no longer make the Saturday, is there anybody that can help me out?

Offline Pollyj562

• Former_Member
  • Wanabe Guru
I have a friend who hasn't sailed cherub but is good and owns a 5k and is free this weekend  if no cherub sailors are available.

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Si - would it be possible to "borrow" the club's crows nest on Friday night?
I think Born Slippy and Poppy + crew's would be tempted to see what a few beers in Sheppy on a Friday night is like....
Is this still the plan? Steve and Robin are arriving on Friday also.

roland_trim

Si,

Poppy, Born slippy and Polly,Jamie,Digby and I would love to arrive at about 9pm. If this is a problem then Cptn travelodge is jsut as easy.

R

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
This will be fine the club will be open, drop the boats there and come upstairs for a beer or two.

Thomas Baker

We're looking to come up Friday night too and take advantage of the clubhouse floor if this is ok?

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
That's ok, what time do you anticipate arriving? I'll PM you my phone number.

Thomas Baker

Thank you, we're looking at arriving between 8 and 9 if this is alright?

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
We should be at the club at that sort of time.

roland_trim

Marginally epic first day.

9 Cherubs at Sheppy having a lovely time. Fresh wind and salt water combining to generate a happy host of rather briken looking Cherub Sailors sitting down to a good take out curry.

Wish you were here, shocked to hear of the absence of a very good friend...

Offline andy_peters

• Class member
  • Guru's Guru
Keep the updates coming Roland.  Evening here in Iloilo however family visiting combined with an absence of aircon and a bout of food poisoning makes me almost wish for a cold Saturday in Rutland - however only almost.......

Had some fantastic diving last week, I think I saw a mysterious t-shape on the bottom, perhaps Grahams errant t-foil from babbacombe   :D

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
What a brilliant weekends sailing. Congratulations to Paul and Peter who are showing some blistering pace, also first timers Frodo and Merry aka. Steve and Robin and Tom and various crews in Cheese.
For all those who couldn't make it, the weather was around 15knots on Saturday with several crews taking a dip in the Thames estury. Cool Beans took 3 bullets  hotly pursued by Eleanor, A&E, and Atum.
Clive then fell on Alex which resulted in a retirement. So day one ended with Cool Beans leading followed by Eleanor then Atum.
Today was bright and sunny with slightly less breeze for race 1, Paul continued where he left off leaving Eleanor and Atum fighting out for 2nd. Eleanor managed to get a bit of a lead only to throw it away by swimming on the gybe. Race 2 saw the wind dropping off and Paul sailed into a hole in the wind to let Eleanor through for a win, and race 3 saw some confusion on the part of the race team with a shortened course causing Paul who was leading to think he'd finnished, which once again allowed Eleanor though for the bullet. Thanks Paul for being so gracious about it we know you beat us really.
The top 3 ended up as Cool Beans 1st Eleanor 2nd and Atum 3rd.

Offline HobbitSteve

• Former_Member
  • Newb
thanks to everyone at iossc for hosting a great event and thanks to simon for giving us a sleeping place more compfortable than my car. we learned loads about sailing (and fixing boats). we both agreed that the cherub fleet is the nicest and most accomodating fleets we have seen so far in our sailing careers. shame about the spreader, but we will post updates on the tech chat part of the forum to show off our first of many to come carbon repairs. cheers, Steve and Robin aka team hobbit 

Offline Pollyj562

• Former_Member
  • Wanabe Guru
Some news (for you to decide if good or bad). Just bern to hospital and my hand isn't broken (though they're checking again) but is soft tissue damage which means no sailing and lots of drugs (pain kollers that is). Now just to wait for the other half of our boat's results.