Author Topic: Isle of Sheppey Sailing Club, 13th and 14th April 2013 - Travellers Trophy Event  (Read 21760 times)

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Graham....I believe Ade is coming to Sheppey.

Loco is game and Jamie and Digby are planning to hitch a lift on the double stacker with Cheese Before Bedtime, as long as Jamie has recovered from nearly being picked up by the girl in the chippy on the way home from Chew...

...but as for Sheppey being like the Bahamas? That's up there with 'My little beach hut in Dudley...near the canal' (bring your own shopping trolley)
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'

roland_trim

So 9/10 boats so far. I note Banshee Ambulance is a possible and there are some more to chase.

Offline JP233

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
as long as Jamie has recovered from nearly being picked up by the girl in the chippy on the way home from Chew...

Horrific moment.
Thanks
Jamie

Offline ade white

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Assistant
  • no work team
sounds like a good story this, more analysis of the 'pick up' situation is requested... were they good chips?

Sweet Dreamzzz is a no for Sheppey. We have decided we need more practice time and less travelling time. At Chew  we spent too much time in the water instead of on it. So we will therefore be sailing at home - trying to improve. We will be up for Weston and the rest though.
'Sponsor' of "DUCKS"

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
as long as Jamie has recovered from nearly being picked up by the girl in the chippy on the way home from Chew...

Horrific moment.

Yeah,...you got more chips than me...horrific (what have you got that I haven't?...apart from looks, hair, youth and no beard)
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
I saw the race officer on Sunday, he is happy for us to have a seperate start and was going to bring it up at the committee meeting on Monday night. This will depend on having enough boats, but seemed happy with around 8/9.
The other side of the coin is that sometimes its great to see how you do against other classes, and they could just seperate the results for the travellers if we wish.

Offline Clive Everest

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
I am afraid that I we are unlikely to be at Sheppey. We have had enough of the weather and are booking a week away.

We also still have some bits to do on A+E and have not yet sailed her.

Clive.
Class Committee

Offline bower

• Newb
I'm a definite possible depending on which time zone I think i'm in at the time, and assuming that North korea don't attack Seoul whilst I'm still here...

Rich

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Cost- £35.00 per boat
Start- Sat 12.00 briefing, 13.00 start
3 races back to back.
Sun- 10.30 2 races back to back

Saturday night quiz night bar open till late.

Offline Hayley_Trim

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Excellent.  Please can someone have a word with the weatherman, we must be due some warm sunshine by now...

Offline Graham Bridle

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Done, weather will be fine.

Offline Hayley_Trim

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Good work. Can you fix me a hangover cure for Saturday morning as well?

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
The water will still be cold enough to cure any hangover. 

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
A pint of it will replace any salt lost through dehydration too.

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
A hangover cure for Saturday? Start as you mean to carry on I suppose. Do you know which shiny ship you will be bringing?