Author Topic: Looking for a new boat, any ideas?  (Read 8496 times)

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: Looking for a new boat, any ideas?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 08:48:41 AM »
This is looking great! I have a few photos of the boat from way back in 2004ish when it looked quite similar. I'm intrigued by the rig it has on it as it used to have a carbon superspars mast with Batt 97 Rules sails. Not sure what happened to them as I think you are the 2nd owner since then.

Will you be coming to the nationals? Would be excellent to see you as part of the 97 fleet as it should hopefully be a closely contested trophy this year!

roland_trim

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 10:12:16 AM »
The boat is 100% available for the nationals, sadly new owner Martin cannot make it.
If anyone fancies it, needs picking it up from Bassenthwait or Newcastle and delivering back to somewhere on the route between Newcastle and Falmouth.

The Carbon Rig was not on it when we found the boat in Nick's back garden and sadly the Batts need some work.

Offline gilly900

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 10:25:08 PM »
Thanks all for the kind words on the semi refurb.
 Unfortunately she is just no good for my fathers knees, or other faculties!
 I also reckon that we are way way overweight as a crew at around 170 kg dry. She just sits at a sub-planing, painfully slow speed anywhere except when reaching with the kite up. Even then we are nowhere near needing to get on the wire, and are being passed by anything else asymetric. Although i feel an upgrade to a big rig would put her more into our weight range, i dont want to undertake it when 05 boats are available. Im therefore going to offer her for sale as a rough and ready to go 97 boat! Anyone interested before the Nats? (At the mo i wont be able to get to the Nats, and the boat will be in Newcastle as of tomorrow evening.)
Will put her on Apolloduck, but please pm me if you have any thoughts! (Of course, will only look to recover costs on boat plus new bits, ie cover, to put towards faster, bigger one!!)