Linked Events

• Bala Whit Regatta: May 24, 2008 - May 26, 2008

Author Topic: Bala Whit Regatta  (Read 20982 times)

roland_trim

Re: Bala Whit Regatta
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 01:18:28 PM »
Now remember that is a '05 rules boat, with a single trapeze. Gav has grafter a laser tiller onto the defunct T-foil stock and is sailing with the blade as a rear spoiler. Believe me this was fast.

Debi

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 01:20:59 PM »
Now remember that is a '05 rules boat, with a single trapeze. Gav has grafter a laser tiller onto the defunct T-foil stock and is sailing with the blade as a rear spoiler. Believe me this was fast.

Totally agree with that...looked awesome from the bank, they were flying! though, for a lot of the time all i could see was the 8ft of spray coming off the back lol

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 02:34:52 PM »
I'm not really sure where the spray was coming from as it wasn't noticeable on board. My guess is that it was a mini cyclone being whipped up by the t-spoiler! We still had a few more gears to go though... next time!

mathew_harris

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 05:46:19 PM »
you know the t-foiler was jsut to chav up the cherub, tims obviously trying to compete with hoppys metro  ;D

stunning pic though, was brilliant to watch

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 07:09:19 PM »
This is only the start of it though. We've tested the spoiler theory with an old t-foil, now we need to start designing the t-spoils for maximum efficiency. Maybe a cossie'esque whale tail, or an XR4i inspired double level spoiler?! who knows where it will go next?!

Debi

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2008, 08:40:30 PM »
you know the t-foiler was jsut to chav up the cherub, tims obviously trying to compete with hoppys metro  ;D

:D LOL

Offline neal_gibson

• Apprentice Guru
  • sending it
    • Storrar Marine
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 09:54:22 PM »
i'm going for the porsche 911 style that only comes up after you exceed a defined speed
2644 Suicide Blonde

The Northern ONE
Resident Sailmaker

Damage count so far this season
1) RS Feva mast easy
2) Cherub Main Fixed
3) VW BORA Gone forever bugger
4) One cherub boom Debi does ass damage fixed now.