Author Topic: kokopelli 2622 wants to come for a blast but only at 1985 speeds!  (Read 4675 times)

kokopelli

hi to all who are going to chew this weekend.  My name is Ade White and have owned 2622 Kokopelli for over a year now in nottingham at NCSC  .  Hopefully a new towbar will be fitted on thursday morning so that we can come to Chew at the weekend.  Is it ok to bring a slower old boat or is it mainly for new flying machines?
We are coming anyway, whats the best advise, bring kokopelli or just come without.

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: kokopelli 2622 wants to come for a blast but only at 1985 speeds!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:41:50 PM »
I'm sure Hayley will spot this and welcome you properly but I'm absolutely positive that 1980s speeds will be more than sufficient.

I used to own a Forman 6 (2345 'Tachyon') and I am (hopefully) coming back into the class after 30 years...1970s speeds were quite fast too,

Nigel Modern
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'

Offline Graham Bridle

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:06:59 PM »
Hi Ade,

The cherub fleet welcomes sailors and boats of all ages, we'd love to see you and kokopelli at Chew, they all fly !

If you can bring kokopelli then do, you'll get lots of advice and if you want it some people to sail with; if you dont get the towbar then come anyway, bring your gear and you'll get a ride - you'll also meet everyone and have a beer and a bbq on Saturday night.

Be great to meet you, I will PM you my number if you need any more help/details.

Graham

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 09:11:22 PM »
As Graham says, all are welcome with or without boats. Will be great to meet you and Kokopelli.

Offline Tom K

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:20:56 PM »
Hi Ade,

As everyone above has said, the Cherub Fleet operates a 'more the merrier' policy. I bought Kokopelli in 2004 and was responsable for the false floor and new decks that I hope are still serving you well, I would be thrilled to see the boat and her current owners.

If you can't sort your tow bar in time, do still come and say hello.

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 09:37:57 AM »
Yes - All are welcome: New boat, old boat, no boat!

Offline Hayley_Trim

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 09:38:31 AM »
You are absolutely welcome at Chew and at ours for the BBQ afterwards. If you would like somewhere to stay I can offer some (shared) floor space, just let me know.
It'll be great to meet you and kokopelli - have heard so much about her from the Kiddles.
See you at the weekend!