Author Topic: All those photos and videos  (Read 7901 times)

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: All those photos and videos
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »
Would you consider placing them under Share alike or some other GPL?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share-alike

This way there is nothing for the class to administer, you are protected (asking for acknowledgement), and it means no one may place restrictive rights on your work in the future.

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »
I think the comments about sunlight are spot on...it makes all the difference.

Sun, sea and sand...plus a 20 knot breeze...maybe I'll emigrate
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 12:31:47 PM »
I just love Paul's carbon fibre mounts

Will they not attach using cable ties?

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 12:58:32 PM »
Probably, but how much do the Go-pros cost?  Personally I would try and make it bouyant in some way just in case the mount detaches from the boom.  I think Paul's approach is to make sure it dosen't fall off in the first place.

I think Paul may have a little to much time on his hands if he is making camera mounts .  :-)

Offline PaulJ

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Assistant
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 01:44:08 PM »
Yes a little too much time on my hands, Ronin had to go back to Weymouth for an unforeseen mod, off to P&B yhis Saturday, should be back for the blast at Chew all things being well

Used the Go Pro on the 14 previously, got some good results, we found that we never got round to fitting it before sailing as it was always a pain to tie-wrap, tape on, so the thinking it if it's quick and secure we will use it more often. The boom cam mount will have a safety line thought the middle to keep it attached to the boat in the event of breakage. Plus it should float when I've got round to sealing it

Boom cam already crash tested. Boom and mount blown over by the wind when proped up against the house, mount took the full force, all OK

Mast cam will have an interchangeable mount for a tacktic compass. That's next weekends job
Events Secretary
3214 - Cool Beans

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 05:18:14 PM »
I think the cam needs a lanyard anyway...ties would be quick and easy??

Just another thought though. Some of the interest in the Aussie vids is 'human'. We can see and hear what they are doing...and yes I think the pitch poling crew was being a pain in the butt to the helm from the start...bossy little ??!!!***!! would have been overboard much sooner in any boat I sailed! I think that's why it got on Channel 7 News.

Offline paul_croote

• Class member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 09:43:43 PM »
The pole cam and other Atum videos was taken with my Panasonic FT 2 camera which is waterproof and takes HD video. It is a bit big and a bit narrow angled. Joint own a gopro HD2 now, first outing was a bit of a disaster. It was a dull day and the pole rotates a lot more on Antidote. Ended up with the kite halyard wrapping around it and pulling it off the mount, thankfully the lanyard held. Can’t wait to use it of a bright day it’s capable of awesome video see-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUEZCxBcM78&feature=pyv&feature=pyv&ad=8662373179&kw=%2BGoPro

I think it would be great to get a new Cherub video playing on the stand at the dinghy show.