Author Topic: Testing video  (Read 4884 times)

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Testing video
« on: June 26, 2012, 06:35:53 PM »
This was my first sail on the wire in the newly converted Topaz Tres

What is worse the sailing competence or the camera work? (need to angle it downwards slightly)

Hopefully I can now post video - this is using the Oregon Scientific XTC mini HD - seems like a pretty good headcam, if not up to quality of the HD Hero (not sure yet) it's smaller to wear on 'yer bonce (still look stupid tho') and cheaper.

I think the video quality might have degraded slightly during editing - not sure why as I selected 'full quality' and it's a Mac using iMovie HD

http://youtu.be/BISk3v8APLM
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'

Offline dean_ralph

• Former_Member
  • Newb
Re: Testing video
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 10:46:55 PM »
Got my vote  :)

Offline Andrew Whapshott

• Class member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 11:45:03 PM »
I took this with a cheap ish camera, first time out in the boat for a while so good to get back in the swing of things, so just had a muck about.   (Very interesting to find out what happens when your helming on the wire and the rudder jumps off its pintles..!?

Camera was not garunteed waterproof so made a tube using f/glass, araldite and an old salsa pot.  Picture not too bad considing its looking through a scratched surface.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6uGbAKd0cw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 10:44:56 AM »
Cool trapeze wire untangle!

Looks good quality considering. I think with the XTC compared with the GoPro the difference is the lens size. It is the price you pay for a very compact unit. It's about the same size as the ones they put into F1 cars
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'

Offline Phil Alderson

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
    • www.largssc.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 01:51:57 PM »
I took this with a cheap ish camera, first time out in the boat for a while so good to get back in the swing of things, so just had a muck about.   (Very interesting to find out what happens when your helming on the wire and the rudder jumps off its pintles..!?

Camera was not garunteed waterproof so made a tube using f/glass, araldite and an old salsa pot.  Picture not too bad considing its looking through a scratched surface.....

http://youtu.be/6uGbAKd0cw4

Fixed the link, you just need to use the "link" link from youtube not the "embed" link.
3218 Zero Gravitas
2683 Pocket Rocket For Sale