Author Topic: New Member.  (Read 4058 times)

PiersHS

New Member.
« on: December 05, 2011, 07:24:04 PM »
Hi all,

Got in touch with Phil of E-Numbers earlier who suggested I make myself known on here as I am quite interested in Cherubs at the moment.  Basically I am based up in Oxford and am pretty keen to see if I can get myself out into a Cherub at some point as it seems like it is a great class!

Anyway, I'm about 6ft and 70kgs, sailed 29ers, Laser Radials (currently) and dabbled with a 12ft Skiff.  If anybody needs a crew or similar please give me a shout!

Cheers,
PHS

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: New Member.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 07:49:24 PM »
Hi Piers,

Great to see you followed Phils advice, welcome to the site and the class. There are some cherubs who sail through the colder months and some that use the time for bimbling ( or gaining brownie points for next season ).

As a class we usually have a blast organised in the early spring ( date to be advised ) which is open to any one to come and have a sail.
Recently these have been held at Draycote, you would be more than welcome to join us. The added benefit of this is the chance to try out lots of boats as by then most of us have had enough of hibernating and can't wait to get sailing.

Keep an eye on the website for an update about when this will be, or PM me with your email address and I'll ensure you know the date.

PiersHS

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 08:09:56 PM »
Pm'ed :D Thanks. 

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 10:51:10 PM »
hey piers, im ham4sand, just so you know
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail

cherub 2645 - cheese before bedtime

PiersHS

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 12:11:59 PM »
Yep guessed from your signature on Y&Y. . 

Thanks for putting me in touch with Phil by the way.