Author Topic: Lonely cherub sailing planet  (Read 6308 times)

Sebsky

Lonely cherub sailing planet
« on: August 12, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »
Being cherub sailors in Brittany, my girlfriend and I are planning to spend a week or so visiting and sailing in the south of UK  next September.  We’ll probably bring our Halo Wind (cherub 2690) for that but we haven’t got yet any precise idea about which places may be great to share time between visiting and sailing with other cherubs. 
Can someone enlighten me please ?

roland_trim

Re: Lonely cherub sailing planet
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 03:42:09 PM »
We'd love to meet up and also we need to arrange a return vistit....

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »
With quite a few Cherubs in the south of England we could easily sort out a get together, currently we have concentrations dotted throughout the south. When you know what your plans are put them on the forum and we'll organize something.

Sebsky

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »
Born Slippy, you’re welcome to visit us in Brest whenever you want although, having been in Quiberon last week, I would recommend this nice baie if you seek for a more sunny place. 
I’ll most probably go back there soon for the race to be held in Carnac.  This makes me wonder if some of you who will attend to this event have planed to stay longer than the 3rd and 4th of September in Brittany. 
From the time being, I don’t know exactly when in September we’ll take the ferry to the south of England but I hope to be able to put it on the forum before the end of this week to sort a get together as proposed by Simon.

Offline dave_ching

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 06:31:09 PM »
Yes, we are in Poole and would love to meet you too, perhaps in a weekend with other Cherubs.

Offline dave_ching

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 06:23:19 AM »
We are planning to sail in poole next weekend.

Sebsky

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 09:03:19 AM »
The fact that last week my girlfriend had to embark in a hurry on a drilling vessel  had greatly affected our schedule.  It is thus kind of frustrating not to be able to plan our trip to the south of England with certainty.
As far as I know, she should disembark in England, most probably somewhere in the south, near the end of this week.  I’ve considered choosing this opportunity to join her and then visit the south according to our initial plan.  It would however compromise our ability to bring our cherub with us.  So, Dave (and others), considering that there is some chance that we’ll be close to Poole next week end, is it somehow conceivable to find a way to sail without bringing Halo Wind ?

Besides, because of my girlfriend occupation, I couldn’t took Halo Wind to the Carnac cruise last week end.  So unfortunately no cherub has sailed amongst the fleet of 52 boats that made the breizhskiff cruise a really great event.  I must confess that I’ve cheated on the cherub class by sailing a 800, thinking of how planings would have been more electrifying on a 12 ft hull … :P

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 01:10:59 PM »
Not having a boat is no obstacle to Cherub sailing!

Do get in touch if you would like to stay with us in London.

Offline dave_ching

• Administrator
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 03:26:29 PM »
As Will said Basically No boat No Problem.
You may want a wetsuit as I am sure the water isn't quite what you are used too.
We will have a place for you to stay if needed.

Sebsky

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 05:51:20 PM »
Will and Dave, your propositions sound great !

I’ll be glad to stay with you in London and Poole and you’re really welcome to stay with us in Brest.
I assume that we most of time share the same weather from London to Poole and Brest but I think it’s worth mentioning for those of you who may one day envisage to come to Brittany that we usually have here a really sunny month of September, sometimes October.  Don’t try July or August, they’re always disappointing and the water temperature still far below that of Australia then.
Anyway, Brittany has really nice countryside and sea shores to explore as well as great spots to sail.  I’m still amassed to realise how a single sun ray may makes all of that so startling…