Author Topic: RNLI - Ben Brown (Monkey Magic) is running the Marathon.....  (Read 12995 times)

Offline ben_brown

• Newb
    • Bens Just Giving Site
Those of you that know me will realise that I'm not a naturally athletic individual however this year I have managed to sign up to run the Flora London Marathon.

As if the challenge of running 26 point 2 miles around the streets of London was not tough enough, I also decided that I would try and raise £3,000 for the RNLI (lifeboats). £3000 is roughly how much it costs to train the crew of a small lifeboat - like the ones dotted about on the Essex coast.

The RNLI is relies entirely on its crews giving up their time on a voluntary basis and risking their lives to help others. As a keen participant in 'water based activities' I hope never to be a customer of the RNLI but you never know..  Lets face it Sailing Cherubs does increase the chances of requiring their assistance... .

Anyway thats part of the motivation for running, the other part is an un-natural desire to wear lycra in public but thats another story...

If you would like to sponsor me I have set up a web page at www.justgiving.com/benbrown1  which will enable you to donate securely and reasonably quickly online.

Cheers

Ben
Running up that hill