Author Topic: Largo 2010 - Logistics  (Read 4543 times)

roland_trim

Largo 2010 - Logistics
« on: July 20, 2010, 10:05:41 AM »
If you would like to be at Largo, but are looking for
 - a crew
 - space on a double stacker 
 - a lift up there

Then this thread is here to help you find your match.

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: Largo 2010 - Logistics
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 02:07:29 PM »
I am in charge of getting 2 boats to Scotland, The Badgers Nadgers and The Cats Whiskers. As far as I see it, I have a few options.

a) Borrow a double stacker. This would be my favoured option as it would allow me to load the boats myself in good time and then not have to worry about them on the way up there. For this I need someone to lend me a double stacker... anyone got one or know of one available for a couple of weeks?!

b) Put The Cats Whiskers on the single trailer and put the Badger on a roof rack. This is ok, but a bit annoying if I want to stop anywhere on the way up or down as will have a boat on the roof. I also don't have a roof rack so one would need to be purchased.

c) Borrow another single trailer and get my parents to tow one of the boats to Scotland. This is also an option, but they would need to get a tow bar fitted between now and then.

d) If someone has a space on a double stacker, they could take one of the boats (probably the badger as it is lighter) up for me. This would need some logistical engineering just to ease the collection and dropping off procedure.

So... if you read this and either have a spare double stacker, or know of one which could be borrowed, please let me know! ps. I am in South Devon, so most people are probably a fair drive away for stacker collection so need to get it sorted asap.

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 04:17:18 PM »
I may be able to borrow a double stacker from a couple at Whitstable (if they still have it) could let you know next week if it's possible.

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 09:26:22 AM »
That would be great Simon, thanks. Not sure of your next planned trip down Bristol way but it might be an option if you could bring the double when you come down this way? Thanks for looking anyway!

Offline Eggbert

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 09:02:32 PM »
I need a crew but unfortunatly can't offer anyone a lift as i only have two seats and the wife has decided she is comming so i need to get on and book some accommadation now cause she don't do camping!

Also am i being dumb but i can't see an NOR or an entry form on the Largo website.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:39:47 PM by Eggbert »
2535  91 rules  "Eggbert the Nasty" for sale
2657  97 rules  "Slippery When Wet"

Adem

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 02:54:02 PM »
Already posted that i am looking for a crew/helm on the crew search topic.
I can borrow double stacker but it's a RS200 trailier and can only fit a cherub on the bottom if the racks can be removed.  The top is open and will carry a cherub.  It took monkey and subtle to babbacombe last year.  Its at datchet atm.
If i am going to the nationals i will either go by train/plane or will be looking for a lift. 
If i cannot get my boat down i can crew for someone else.