Author Topic: nationals dvds  (Read 12784 times)

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
nationals dvds
« on: October 11, 2009, 09:47:35 PM »
have you? im sure mr noyce promised me one and it hasnt come yet :P
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail

cherub 2645 - cheese before bedtime

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Re: nationals dvds
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 10:41:47 PM »
Sorry about the hold up on the DVD's. I have a box of them here to send out. Mr Gruitt had his mum pack them up and send them to me as he has gone off adventuring to Brazil on a Clipper!

Quite a few found homes at the Lymington event, but I'll get my arse in gear and send out some more this week!

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 08:15:16 PM »
good man :D
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail

Offline Will_Lee

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 08:13:04 AM »
I'd personally go for option D, "John needs a really time consuming job on the committee next year. Preferably one with no public thanks but frequent public complaints."

Offline JimC

• Guru's Assistant
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 09:52:52 AM »
...job on the committee next year. Preferably one with no public thanks but frequent public complaints."
Is there any other kind?

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 10:17:18 AM »
will are u being serious or joking coz im quite tired atm and dont no whether to laugh or take offence:S

Offline Stuart Hopson

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 12:12:43 PM »
will are u being serious or joking coz im quite tired atm and dont no whether to laugh or take offence:S

There are a few errors in your post here... You have a full qwerty keyboard on a computer so there is no need to txt speak.

Now Will's name begins with a capital W, Coz is not a word I assume you meant to say 'because', an ATM is a Automated Teller Machine (cash machine) again I assume you meant to write 'at the moment'.

I'm not being nasty but it really irritates me when people 'txt speak' on internet forums, Lots of people struggle to understand it (I’m only 21 and it gets me confused at times), not only that but we often have older people viewing our forum and those from abroad, now for many of these people English is a second or third language and they possibly do not even speak English but use an online translator. It must be near on impossible for lots of these people who we would like to welcome to use our forum to understand the message we are trying to get across if it is not in plain, clear and simple language.
Rant over,but think before you post next time...please. ;)

Offline john_hamilton

• Guru's Guru
  • cherubing is a word
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 01:08:03 PM »
sorry, i was writing that onmy phone so did NOT have a full QWERTY keyboard near me. i will think next time:)

roland_trim

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 01:17:15 PM »
Just to avoid confusion - we still love you John ::)