Linked Events

• Bonfire Blast 2012: November 03, 2012 - November 04, 2012

Author Topic: Bonfire Blast 3-4 Nov 2012 - Netley  (Read 8045 times)

Offline Banshee Ambulance

• Guru's Assistant
Re: Bonfire Blast 3-4 Nov 2012 - Netley
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 08:52:07 PM »
Its looking like we wont be able to make this one due to car trouble. Thanks for the offer though.  Rob.

Offline Tim Noyce

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 07:49:32 AM »
Morning chaps,

The forecast for the weekend seems to be improving with less wind and maybe even the chance of some sun! Yay! I am aiming to be down at the club for 10ish, so for those of you that have not been before my number is 07828 662185 so give me a call when you get to a locked gate which you can't open and I will give you the code.

Due to the fireworks in the evening, can I ask everyone to get there BEFORE 5PM as otherwise you will have to pay entry to the country park as they will have the place on lockdown untill 8pm with a one way system in place.

Social for the evening is still open to negotiation, we will see what is on offer at the club and if this doesn't float our boat we can have a wander down into Hamble to re-aquaint ourselves with the King and Queen Rum Pub. I am sure there there are still a few varieties which we didn't sample last year!

Camping is available on site so if you are brave (/stupid) then bring your tent so that you are on site and ready for action on Sunday. There will be 2 races, with the first start at 11am.

Offline Hayley_Trim

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 03:17:11 PM »
Thank s Tim. Really looking forward to this. B&B booked - wimped out of the tent option.
Sailing for me is likely to be somewhere between very limited and non-existent due to recurrence of arm injury (but for those of you putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 16, don't worry, I can still drink with my left arm).

roland_trim

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 09:35:51 AM »
Thanks for a lovely weekend.

Sorry for ducking out early on Sunday, We missed the company/sailing, but we got to watch the GP, do decorating and hit 1 on a bowsprit instead (Clive the mandrel will be at the Inlands).

Offline BenR

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 10:47:44 AM »
Thanks for a great weekend! Conditions were definitely pretty epic on Sunday. Sam and I had a great blast up and down Southampton water. Unfortunately we had a slight mishap with a bolt snapping that held the caps on to the top of the mast leading to the floppy tip becoming even more floppy. Slightly alarming when you are going at warp 9 with the kite up. Anyway, by the time we had come in and taken the sails off, the conditions had reduced to being decidedly sub-epic with an rs700 drifting around. Quick repair job was done last night to fill the hole, will redrill and put a new, bigger bolt through in time for the inlands.
2688- Atum Bom