Author Topic: Many thanks to smight  (Read 13638 times)

roland_trim

Many thanks to smight
« on: March 26, 2008, 06:19:41 PM »
A big thanks to BBSC's smight for tying down the mast and thus stopping Born Slippy's voyage across BBSC's boat park.

I'm going thought the history at the moment, but it appears;
1) Someone parked his boat across our space.
2) We came back form Draycote, went sailing and parked in the next space down and went away on a holiday.
3) The person who was blocking our space *A* complained that a pink boat was tied to thier ballast (they were tied to our concrete on the other side).
4) Slippy was untied from the ballast and therefore blew over!
5) *A* complained that someone had scratched his boat?
6) Our boat was kindly tied down by Smight so she moved no more.
6) *A* was informed they were parked in the wrong space and moved.
7) Laurence went to BBSC and tidied up.
8) Our double stacker was placed in our space and everything looked a bit out of place when we arrived back.

If the order is wrong please yell.

Ho-hum. As with most Cherubs, she is very strong and Slippy is fine. She lost a little paint from the journey; the spinni halyard cut a groove in the mast and the rest of her beautiful smooth white mast now needs a touch up.

Offline smight at bbsc

• Newb
Re: Many thanks to smight
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 07:49:56 PM »
No worries mate. The offending boat in question had been told where to put they're boat but decided to ignore this. Sorry to hear about the damage I didn't want to put her upright again for fear that she would just fall over again.

Hope to see you at club soon.

Smight at bbsc

roland_trim

Re: Many thanks to smight
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 08:56:28 AM »
Leaving Slippy on her side and securing it form further damage was the very best thing you could have done.
Once again many thanks - we'll be back at BBSC in about 3 weeks (i.e. after Draycote)