Author Topic: Chew Valley Sailing Club - 16th and 17th March 2013 - Travellers Trophy Event  (Read 21683 times)

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Are you allowed to eat vegitarians dead or unconscious?

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Hi Hayley...I will bring sleeping bag and tent just in case the garden is the only quiet place  :) ....seriously, if you'd seen where I bivvi'd a couple of weekends ago, your garden would be luxury and happy to leave bedrooms to less hardy souls (apparently I snore too much to share)

Sam can rough it with the youngsters.

Sam, Digby and Jamie will have sleeping bags
Previously 2685 'Loco Perro' and 2345 'Tachyon'

Offline Tom K

• Former_Member
  • Apprentice Guru
I was hoping to pop along at least for a social stop. Sadly I'll have to miss out as the skiff is being sprayed this weekend, so I need to hang about in Soton.

Hope it's a goodun!

Offline phil_kirk

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Well it's not going to be frozen :)

Offline Hayley_Trim

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Nigel, you can pitch your bivvi wherever you like, but i will not be held responsible for your extremities.

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
I can think of no better feeling than snuggling  into high quality down while the frost crisps up the turf and dawn in the mountains beckons...I suppose your garden will do as a substitute  :)

Happy to sleep indoors if there's room tho'

Offline BenR

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Looking forward to this. Atum may need some attention when she gets there and we are going to arrive latish tomorrow(not before 9 I wouldn't have thought).
2688- Atum Bom

roland_trim

I can have the garage warm and ready if it helps.

Offline BenR

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
I need to make and attach a gooseneck so a warm garage would be awesome. Will let you know if I manage to achieve it tonight though.
2688- Atum Bom

Offline Torchy

• Class treasurer
  • Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
I can think of no better feeling...

Except maybe Born Slippy taking almost no time at all to sail the length of Portland Harbour last year...

Offline BenR

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
too chuffing cold last night to do any sticking and there was a mountain of stuff in the way of getting the boat in the garage to get it warm. Took the old gooseneck off so just need to bog it back on in the right place this evening. Only minor damage sustained to the gooseneck in the removal process!
2688- Atum Bom

Offline Hayley_Trim

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
I can think of no better feeling...

Except maybe Born Slippy taking almost no time at all to sail the length of Portland Harbour last year...

Yes, she does that :)

Offline ade white

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Assistant
  • no work team
sweet dreamzzz on way tomorrow morning, First time 05 rules and twin wiring!!! could be wet wet wet.  See you all there, ade and joe hoping to stay at hotel trim tomorrow night, if thats ok.
'Sponsor' of "DUCKS"

roland_trim

Absolutely welcome.

Offline simon_jones

• Former_Member
  • Guru's Guru
Just want to say a massive thank you to all at Chew this weekend. Had a great sail on Saturday with some very varied weather. Also to Hayley and Ro for putting us all up, you're stars! (ps you should find my iPhone charger in your spare room guys) if you could bring that to Sheppey that would be great.